Pages

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

On Your Wings

OK, new blogging idea for the day. Last Friday I picked up Iron & Wine's album, Our Endless Numbered Days, and it just so happens to be the first one I've popped in to listen to today. So, I'm going to "respond" to each track. Basically, it's early and I'm tired so I can't be original right now. Oh and this isn't some, "How does this song make you FEEL?" crap, it's just random.


1. On Your Wings Right away I get "I Believe I Can Fly! I Believe I Can Touch The Sky" stuck in my head. Great, just great. Maybe as a result of someone confessing to me last night that they might like R Kelley's new song. Hold on, vomiting.

2. Naked As We Came- This is from one of those question books: Would you walk down a crowded city street for 1 million dollars?

3. Cinder And Smoke- I wonder if people hate it when I capitalize words like "and"...I'm changing the grammar rules.

4. Sunset Soon Forgotten- Somehow, anything having to do with a sunset sounds nice. And romantic. I'm always driving and see a sunset and want to take pictures of it but then realize that driving at 55mph (60) isn't the best time to be taking photographs. I have an awesome sunset picture from Puerto Rico. Oh man, I was going to bring pics in to scan today but I forgot.

5. Teeth In The Grass- The first movie I saw in the theatre was Honey I Shrunk The Kids. I was really nervous for some reason and went to the bathroom during the bee part.

6. Love And Some Verses- More people need to write love songs about me. Unrequited love songs. Go for it!

7. Radio War- I miss having a radio show...that was one of my favorite things from college. My senior year Vanessa and I had a Dedication show. Every week, every song was dedicated to someone. Some favorites were: "Always" by Bon Jovi, "Closer" by NIN, "You're Crazy" by Guns and Roses, "Pantera Fans In Love" by Nerf Herder, etc.

8. Each Coming Night- I'm such an old woman now, going to bed at 11. Ok ok, so I've only been doing that for a week or so now but last night I was up until 12 and I am hurting today!

9. Free Until They Cut Me Down- I saw a commercial that the producers of Lost are having a new show. I CANNOT GET INTO ANY MORE SHOWS!

10. Fever Dream- I love this title. I love dreams.

11. Solom, South Georgia- I really like Savannah when we stopped there on our way to Florida. I could never live in the true Deep South though, too warm. Vanessa and I used to joke, up in PA, that we were from the Deep South (VA). I think it was only funny to us.

12. Passing Afternoon- I hope today's passes quickly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha. Love the stream of consciousness of this.