Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Catch Me When I Fall

I have a pretty constant and active imagination and all through the day I imagine how different scenarios might go. When I go to the symphoney I imagine the conductor being unable to finish and me stepping on the podium, grabbing the baton and finishing the concert with a flourish! When I go hear my brother spin records at a club I imagine then asking if anyone wants to try it out, and when I try I am amazing and everyone says I am a natural. When I think about ice skating I always imagine myself stepping onto the ice and not only being graceful but knowing how to spin and jump. There is one constant hiccup I have to my daydreaming about situations: I cannot picture myself doing gymnastics. I can do anything else in my own mind but try as I might I can't get my brain to let me land a round off double twist falafel blump jump.

Ok ok...Why am I telling you this? Besides to further affirm suspicions that I am off my rocker, it is because I was just daydreaming about another situation and it fell apart right at the climactic part (not THAT kind of climax, thank you). It's like if you were engaged and trying to picture your wedding but when it came time to "kiss the bride" (er, groom) and your daydreaming self just started laughing or something. A little disconcerting.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG...you just described my day. My problem is that I'm too good at daydreaming and can always finish mine out beautifully. This makes it really hard to want to live in reality when the dreaming is so good.

Miss Scarlet said...

Well I'm usually so good at them ending how I want them to (no matter how crazy) but earlier it just didn't happen and it made me doubt things.

Unknown said...

Made you doubt that you knew how you wanted it to end or that you'd get the ending you want?

Miss Scarlet said...

Wow...good question. Honestly, a little of both but I think it's just because it would be so different it's hard to imagine, ya know?

Unknown said...

Yeah, I know.