Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Thief Of Hearts

With the beginning of February tomorrow comes the overload of pink. Of love. Of heart shaped boxes of candy. Of last minute bouquets of flowers in the grocery store. Of, "Do you have a Valentine?" It's this weird time of year when everyone turns soft and wants to be the couple in a Nicholas Sparks novel. Actually, I have never read a Nicholas Sparks book and the only movie I have seen is The Notebook but hey, that was pretty freaking romantic, right? But this is beside the point.

I want to say I don't fall prey to the craziness that is VDay but I guess I do a little bit. I, of course, would love to receive flowers at work from someone and do get a little jealous when other people in the office do. But really, if they came from my mom I would be ecstatic, I just want attention and don't care who it is from. Sure, a secret admirer or (even better) an out in the open admirer would be awesome but it's not something I tie directly to February 14th. Besides, my birthday is a few days later (17th!) and if you really want to know the way to my heart, it's to send me flowers on THAT day! Cupid ain't got nothing on Scarlet!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I don't want to be in a Nicholas Sparks novel...but I do love getting flowers. I think it's more special to get them any other day of the year though.

Miss Scarlet said...

You're right...and really, any kind of little surprise is good. I don't want to come across like I expect flowers or something. I don't (except on my birthday and I only require that from my mom bc she has to.)

Pink Is Neat said...

we need to hand out more applications.

Unknown said...

I want to go on record as saying my current craziness has nothing at all to do with the approaching holiday and everything to do with becoming a little smitten to close to an unfortunate holiday.

Miss Scarlet said...

Yeah, my wanting flowers is just because my birthday is so close:) WHO CARES ABOUT VDAY WHEN IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!?!!!?