Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Steady As The Rain

I am happy for the New England road trip that will be occurring next week at this time. Happy is probably the understatement of the week as I am ecstatic for a few reasons:
1. road trips with Ali are THE BEST
2. New England
3. cold weather (or, if not, we're staying there until it is)
4. Yale
5. sweatshirts, hehe
6. no work for a few days
7. getting away from complicated things
8. coffeecoffeecoffee


In other news, I'm in a weird mood. I'm happy and having a good time with my sister watcihng movies, eating takeout, and making sure she's okay from the accident, but at the same time there's the part in the back of my mind that is on the verge of tears. I was joking earlier today at work that maybe if I cried it would help my case for leaving early (I left a few hours early to be with Ali so she wouldn't be alone). A coworker said that at the moment she would be all fake tears and I agreed but realized that if I let myself out of the compartmentalized callous me (exaggeration, of course) then I would probably turn into a burbling girly girl. Ugh!!! It's stupid.

I think I'm going to go to sleep...even though it brings tomorrow quicker and I, unlike the majority of America, have to go to work tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sending you a big, girly online hug now. Feel free to cry anytime. Trust me...I hold back lots of tears.

Miss Scarlet said...

I wish I wasn't at work right now.

Unknown said...

Say you're sick, then drive into DC. We'll go eat cakelove cupcakes and gripe about boys.