Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

100,000 Thoughts

I'm mad at my subconscious. I had the longest, most complex dreams last night. I think I went through every emotion there is while sleeping and instead of waking up and not remembering anything, I've got it all replaying in my mind still.

It was like Waterworld mixed with a Lifetime movie mixed with that movie with Tom Hanks (?) and a mermaid mixed with GTA: San Andreas mixed with a WETA arts special mixed with some sappy romantic comedy.

Ahhh yes, romantic comedy. Because who cares if in my dream I at one point was afraid my legs were fused together or that I had to go out on a raft to play my bassoon? I'm a stupid girl who can't stop thinking about the annoying part of my dream where some guy* came up to console me after we realized we we marching towards skin cancer** and when I wasn't allowed to play in the orchestra***.

So. Annoying.

I wish I was better at not wanting things I don't have or obsessing over small things.


XO,
SVR


*Yes, just some guy.
**Don't ask. I told you it was weird!
***Fuck, PRO!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe there's something weird in the air... i've been having weird dreams for the past couple of nights too...

Unknown said...

Ah...the joys of being a girl. Maybe boys think about silly things like that, too, but just won't confess.

minijonb said...

interesting... and the Word of the Day for Wednesday, October 11, 2006 is hypnagogic...

"adjective: of, pertaining to, or occurring in the state of drowsiness preceding sleep."

did you drink anything funny before you went to bed =;-)

Anonymous said...

Nice post title. That's my song of the moment.
I had weird dreams last night too, including one about an ex-boyfriend. The part of the dream I remember most vividly is that he had gotten contacts to change his eye color to this pale blue/violet. Weird.
~ARC

Mirra Fine, Graphic Designer said...

I think dreams are so important. I used to try to write mine down every time I woke up... but I always forgot. Once in a while a good one stands out.. and those I cant forget.

Sparklebot said...

Splash is the name of the movie with Tom Hanks and the mermaid (Daryll Hannah).

I fell asleep in class today for less than a minute--and in that time managed to dream that the top part of my nose was a raised, fuzzy, strawberry-like texture. I jumped awake and freaked out, touching my face. The image is still haunting me.