Pages

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Bugg Superstar

That fucking ant ruined my day. It was supposed to be a good day. I had 8 hours of sleep which, even though it's indicative of my incredibly lame Saturday night, is a lovely rarity for the day of an opening shift at The Barn. So I wasn't tired, but was still in that "Don't cry. Don't cry." mood. I have to blame stress. I have so much this week:

  • Midterm tomorrow night
  • Two short papers due Tuesday night
  • Midterm due Thursday night

All three have variables associated with them to either make them more or less difficult and stressful. Oh, and this isn't even getting started on my day job. It's going well, thanks for asking. I'm actually almost done which is good and bad. We won't get into it here.

So yeah, I get asked to stay 20 minutes later at work today and even though I desperately want to go home, I said yes. I didn't want to be a bitch to a skeletal staff. But then, 30 minutes later I had to go and my calls for relief went unanswered. It's ok, I understood. But I didn't get home until 730 or something ridiculous. My Sunday is about over and I have nothing to show for it. And I can't bring myself to throw those stupid muffins away. Fucking ants.

4 comments:

Marissa said...

oh man. i hear you! breathe (im trying to tell myself to do the same)! we'll get thru this week, these crazy days, somehow!

*hugs*

KassyK said...

Sorry sugar...I hope the exams go well and you get a well-deserved relaxing weekend soon. :-)

Anonymous said...

arrrrr! i hate ants :)

Unknown said...

You were a rock star, though.