Pages

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Coffee & TV

I am a sucker for TV commercials. Towards the end of summer when the networks all begin shoving their new (and old) shows in our faces, I vow to watch them all. I want to experience every relationship on TV and be a part of every quirky town presented. I want to be with every show from the beginning in case it turns out to be amazing.

Now, obviously I don't watch every TV show. I don't even watch a TV show a night. It's just too much to get caught up in everything because then when I miss them I feel left out. The following is my TV-watching list.

Sunday:
  • Amazing Race 10- I miss the Rob/Amber season. I can't stand the chick with the fake leg and I don't want to hear about her hydraulic fluid anymore. I liked the dad/daughter team that got kicked off 2 weeks ago. I love dad/daughter teams.
  • Desperate Housewives- This is one that I don't mind if I miss. I'm just not as into it now. I think the mom/daughter addition annoys me enough to not care what's going on otherwise.
Monday:
  • How I Met Your Mother- A new addition as of last night because I realized Bob Saget voices it and I LOVE Bob Saget!
  • Heroes- So awesome! I admit to watching the first two while multitasking with some work, but now I'm totally hooked. I love Milo V.
  • Studio 60- Another show I won't mind to miss and also the reason I'm not watching the Brian show. I know if I watch Brian then I'll get annoyed if I miss a week.
Tuesday:
  • GILMORE GIRLS- Seriously, the highlight of my week because I am a self-named huge dork about this show. I have no ill words for this fine hour of tv watching. And I usually extend it to two because I rewatch it later in the week. A-ma-zing!
  • Veronica Mars- I don't really watch this show, but have been told to try it, so I am. So far Kristen Bell still annoys the crap out of me.
Wednesday:
  • Jericho- I don't care how many bad reviews I read for this show, I like it because I like Skeet Ulrich. (And I'll catch America's Next Top Model on a marathan.)
  • Lost- Duh. I've loved this show before it even came on the air. I hear J.J. Abrams had a new show and knew I'd like it. I will admit that I can't devote the attention it needs now and often end up reading a summary of it the next day to fill in any pieces. And I'm a Jack fan. Down with Sawyer.
Thursday:
  • Grey's Anatomy- Perfection! I love this show and no, I don't not think it's lost any of its magic. And I'm a McDreamy fan through and through. Down with McVet and McSteamy.
  • Six Degrees- This isn't hooking me yet. I usually end up going to sleep and skimming it on TiVo the next day.
So, that's it. Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays are when I have class so I usually get home and am complete jelly (both in mind and body) so I just veg and watch TV. Oh, and sometimes I do last minute work for the next day. I'm a big multitasker.

XO,
SVR

14 comments:

dara said...

Kinda looks like mine, only with the DVR, I've been taping some other things. I should have a rule, though -- with the exception of Gilmore, no shows that start before 9. I just don't get home early enough.

Marissa said...

thats literally my line up. i just watched gilmore girls. LOVE IT. ;)

lala said...

can i take credit for getting you to watch HIMYM? and, come on, doogie has to have some draw, too.

i LOVE brothers and sisters (sunday), ANTM and one tree hill (wed) and the office (thurs). thank god for dvr. seriously.

Me said...

Well, you got me... I'm totally addicted to Dancing with the Stars! That takes up my Tuesday and Wednesday nights... I've even sacrificed House for it.

I'm with you... 6 degrees isn't doing much for me. But I have fallen in love with Men in Trees. So much hottness for one show!

I tried Brothers and Sisters... too soap-opera-esque for me.

I hear that Studio 60 is good, but I haven't given it a shot yet... maybe next week. Is it too late to join a show?

As always, I am ever faithful to Grey's Anatomy.

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's exactly Kristen's line-up (I'm not allowed to watch Greys because I make fun of it while watching).

Heroes is SO good (just finished writing about it at my blog). Very rarely are shows so good I can't wait until the next - but this one is.

And oh, Bob Saget?

Anonymous said...

Oh - and I've been loving How I met your mother since episode 1 - it's all about Neil Patrick Harris - awesome!

And Amazing Race - fake leg girl is trumped by her lame ass boyfriend. DUMP HIS ASS IN VIETNAM!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been paying attention to the reviews for the new shows, so I had not heard that Jericho was getting some bad press. If the network takes this show off the air I will be PISSED - I LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

My TV watching is so random and sporadic, and I keep forgetting to record some of those new shows I want to watch. New ones I'm trying to rotate in are Ugly Betty, Studio 60 and Heroes...all of which I can't ever remember to record.

Anonymous said...

My television watching schedule is all courtesy of TiVo... there's no way I could watch everything I want to without my trusty partner in crime. And now apparently you can get a TiVo that records two shows at once? HEAVEN I tell you!

Miss Scarlet said...

Dara- I'm the same way with timing. Now I'm having the problem of being able to stay up for the 10pm shows, hahahaa. LAME!

Marissa- LOVE GILMORE GIRLS! We should start a weekly discussion. Who is in??

Lala- You totally get credit! And Doogie helps:) I love One Tree Hill, but it will have to remain one I watch on DVD.

Me- I can't watch those stars dance. Not after seeing So You Think You Can Dance?.

Spencer- Have you heard Bob Saget's stand up? It's filthy and amazing.

Cindy- ME, TOO! I like it a lot.

Serena- Ugly Betty didn't do it for me.

Angela- Yeah, I need one of those newer TiVos.

Miss Scarlet said...

OH and as an update...I'm watching Desperate Housewives from Sunday right now and just saw a commercial for What About Brian and NOW I AM MAD I MISSED IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a DVR that records two shows at once, and sadly, sometimes it's not enough.

I recorded What About Brian Monday, but haven't watched it yet. I'll let you know how it is and whether it's worth watching.

And I'm trying very hard to love Ugly Betty because I LOVE the girl who stars in it. Go ahead and make fun of me, but I have never cried harder during a movie than I did during Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants when the girl who plays Ugly Betty (Isn't her name America or something?) confronts her father about feeling unwanted and left out of his new life with his new kids and wife.

Miss Scarlet said...

Cindy- Yes, it's America Ferrera? or something. I LOVE Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, but actually, her character is my least favorite. That one scene with her dad, though, did make me misty. Lena (sp?) is my favorite..omg, Greece!!!!

Senor Beavis said...

"Kristen Bell annoys the crap out of me." (sigh). This must be payback for all my cracks about Justin Timberlake. :)