Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cold-Hearted (Snake)

I love winter. I really really REALLY love winter and cold weather. The funny thing is that I get cold really easily. The other day it was in the low 60s and I was bundled up in a down vest and a lambswool scarf. This was over top about three shirts. (It's called layering, people.) Tonight I came in from outside where it's about 41 degrees and have yet to warm up. I'm sitting on the couch in sweats, my scarf, and under a blanket*. My mom used to get worried about me in the winter because hands would always be ice cold. They just won't stay warm sometimes.

But, just like a snake, when I'm in a warm environment? I'm WARM! It must be why I hate summer so much because it's so much easier (and more attractive) to put more clothes on than to take a lot off. This is why my exception of liking summer when I'm at the beach is allowed because you're supposed to be hot at the beach. Or a pool. If you're cold at the beach or pool then you aren't going to get in, right? So I am okay with warm/hot weather when I am near the ocean or a pool, but otherwise, I think summer sucks.

Bring on the cold weather and cold hands...I hope they both last until at least April!



*In addition to shirts. I reread the sentence and didn't want anyone thinking I sat around shirtless or something.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way. I always look forward to this time of year. Partly because I also prefer cold weather, but also because cold weather means getting to wear a coat, and getting to wear a coat means having extra pockets. No more having to cram my keys, wallet, cell phone, etc. into just three of them. Now I have seven or eight, and get to spread the load around.

Beakerz said...

I'm all for snowboarding and snuggling down with my boo, but the sniffles suck it!

gimme Cali

Anonymous said...

i totally hear you--i love bundling up, and i think i look a lot better in jeans, boots and a blazer than i do in a sundress or (god) a bathing suit. i hate sticky muggy summer too, but in the winter i miss being able to do active outdoorsy stuff, like bike riding, fishing, walking to dunkin' donuts instead of driving, having bbqs on the lawn, driving with the windows open, etc etc etc... you know what, i'm not going to choose! i love the whole year.

Unknown said...

My problem is that I'm notoriously underprepared for weather changes. After 22 years of the Texas heat, I still can't bring myself to buy a proper winter wardrobe. Maybe this year will be different.

Miss Scarlet said...

But winter clothes are so hott and fun! So much more flattering than warm-weather clothing. I'd much rather spend money on winter clothes than summer ones.

Pink Is Neat said...

look into his eyes
oh
(oh oh)
he's been telling lies...