Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2006

These Things

So I get my JCrew catalogue in the mail and, like usual, I grab my highlighter and get to work marking everything I want. Quickly though I realized I was sort of circling something on every page and had one hand reaching for my AmEx when I made myself set it down.

Close call.

It was almost a Clothes Call. (HAHA...No? Not funny? Really?)

I have been on the hunt for a new coat for winter in the past few weeks and with the help of DCCeline, I had started to narrow down my choices. But then....THEN I get the JCrew catalogue in the mail and now I have about five more options without the bank account to support them. Honestly, and I know this is insane and I will NOT be doing this, I could easily spend $1000 on coats I want right now. From my computer. Seriously! I know, I know. I hate you, e-shopping. I hate you, expensive items of clothing I want so badly! I hate you, job that doesn't pay enough.

But I do not hate cold weather. How could I have ill words for my favorite seasons. The seasons that drive me crazy because I can't get enough of the clothing I love: sweaters, scarves, coats, layers, cashmere socks...I could go on and on. It's the time of year I love to be outside for so I can bundle up in multiple layers with a hott coat and a scarf and a hat just in case and gloves and...get it? I love it.

I need to play the lottery (and win) to support my winter clothing addiction.

3 comments:

Alison Santighian said...

So which got added to the mix? Can we vote? ;-)

btw, thanks for adding a little sunshine to my grad shool paper afternoon (punctuated by a little Bring It On on TV)

Unknown said...

I want pics of your choices. : )

Senor Beavis said...

Why are cold weather clothes generally so much more flattering? Leaves more to the imagination? I haven't decided. But I do find myself generally giving a lot more thumbs-ups to wintery clothes. Believe it or not, this is not why I moved to Chicago.

And I was totally watching Bring It On on TV saturday at the gym. You'd think the amount of times I've seen it (and the fact that I own it) would stop me, but no.