Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Drivers

My drive home last night was especially longer than usual. This was partly due to the constant rain that lowered visibility and increased the likelihood of hydroplaning (which I seriously did a lot of despite my slower speeds.) Mostly though, much of the drive was held up by some dumb-ass drunk driver who couldn't stay in his lane and also had some problems with curves in the road.

I was in the home stretch of my drive when suddenly there was this weird hold up of cars on the road. Normally I would suspect there to be a cop up there going slower than the speed limit with a bunch of wusses refusing to pass him. (What? Is he going to pull you over for going 55 in a 55?? No!) So I made my way to the front of the pack and then saw dumb-ass. The reason we were all going about 40. He was all over the place and whenever it seemed like a good time to pick up the speed and pass him, he would veer over into my lane. Um, no thanks, but getting run off the road is not my idea of a good way to end an evening. So I kept waiting, as did everyone else, while dumb-ass kept on his merry, swerving way. Finally he slowed down enough so that I had a chance to race past him, but it was still scary as he could have over-compensated at any time and run right into me.

I saw him turn off onto another, very windy road from my rear view mirror and I can only wonder how he made it to his destination. And it sucks, because right after he turned, the rest of the traffic passed a cop hiding out in the median. So, assuming he made it home, dumb-ass got away with his death-defying trip home. I'm glad I got away with it, too!

3 comments:

minijonb said...

Glad you're home in one piece. If you need help picking out rain tires, let me know. If you need help paying for them, sorry, I'm no good in that department.

Unknown said...

Holy crap...glad you made it past that asshole.

Miss Scarlet said...

Minijonb- Haha, I think I'd need the monetary help, actually=/

Serena- I know...you can see why I didn't want a drop to drink Sat night.