Pages

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

That Smell


I got my hair cut today. I LOOOOOVE getting my hair cut because not only is it wicked relaxing, but I leave feeling like a gazillion bucks. Steve, my hair dude, is amazing. I told him that when I am famous I will only come to him for my hair needs. He was really excited and then we talked about his recent trip to California and how Venice Beach smells like pot and incense.

Anyway, so he used this product on my hair called Sexy Healthy Hair or something that smelled like Thanksgiving. I hadn't eaten all day and didn't have a chance to before my appointment, but this stuff smelled good enough that I kept taking really deep breaths in hopes that the aroma was created from real food that would somehow get into my bloodstream. I may have drooled a little and I know my stomach growled. My hair still smells like a pumpkin spice latte and I keep flipping my hair so the air molecules get all shaken up and release the sweet, sweet smell again.

So needless to say I bought the freaking shampoo. I was a good girl and didn't get the conditioner...yet! I'll probably stop back by on Friday. Steve gave me a hard time for the shampoo I've been using. He said, "Girl! You can't use that stuff! It'll build up!"

I've gotta listen to Steve. And my stomach. DAMN, this pumpkin stuff is awesome!!!! It's like Fall...in my hair!

14 comments:

Veeda said...

thanksgiving scented shampoo? i'm glad you clarified the aroma to pumpkin, because i had thoughts of your mane permeating turkey.

i'm so glad I found you again, my long last LHS friend.

Cheryl said...

Ah the smell of fall. mmmmm

did you buy the stuff so you can keep using it?

Unknown said...

You and the hair excitement crack me up. Speaking of appointments...I need to make mine. Sigh.

lala said...

haha i HATE to smell like food.

Alison Santighian said...

Pumpkin spice - what a gorgeous time of year at SB. And now you can have it all year long...question is - do you want to smell pumpkin in July?

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to come to terms with food scented hair products, because lord but they smell good. Like, there's that chocolate brownie shampoo? But, really? Do I want people tempted to eat my head? I don't know...

Frankly, Scarlett said...

hehehe. Did you know that the smell of pumpkin is supposed to be an aphrodesiac? (sp?)

Miss Scarlet said...

Veeda- I know! You're my long-lost GG buddy. Soon we'll have to reminisce about LHS, haha.

Cheryl- I bought it! And I'm gonna go get the conditioner tomorrow;)

Serena- Yeah, I want to make an appt for color now.

Lala- Pumpkins are different though;)

DCCeline- Hmmm, by summer I'll probably want something apple smelling. Or coconut! Yum!

Angela- See below.

Irish Red- WOOOHOOOO!

Anonymous said...

First of all...OH MY GOD, It's Veeda! This is Cindy Lemberg, also a former LHS grad and fellow band dork. Do you remember me???

Scarlet, this post reminded me that it's almost time for Gingerbread Latte time at Starbucks! I need to start saving my cash now!!!

Marissa said...

i love my hair girl too. LOVE her. would walk on hot coals just to get my hair cut by her, she's amazing. my best friend found her first and thank goodness she did, now i'll never go to anyone else!
i also love the fall smells -- today i went into bath & body works and they have all these new pumpkin lotions and body cleansers. i bought the whole package! i smell gooood (like toasted pumpkin seeds. mmm!)

Tyjen said...

i need to try that!

Miss Scarlet said...

Cindy- Haha, band dork! I don't like the gingerbread lattes. I LOVE caramel apple cider, though.

Marissa- I'm scared to ever go to anyone else now for getting my hair did.

Sub girl- Definitely!

Anonymous said...

Scarlet, are you kidding me???

GINGERBREAD LATTES = LIQUID CRACK

Veeda said...

Cindy, yes I do remember you. Hey, I think you still have a dress of mine I let you borrow for homecoming!