Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Call It A Day

My weekend job availibility clearly states that I cannot close on Friday or Saturday nights, yet what am I doing tonight? Closing at my weekend job. When I first saw the hours of 4-12 on the schedule I was pissed and planned on getting it changed immediately. Then I got to thinking that if they scheduled me for Saturday night then they wouldn't schedule me for my usual opening shift the next day and I also have said I can't close on Sunday nights so the likelihood of having tomorrow off was a good one. Hmmm, and also, getting to sleep in* on Saturday sounded really nice. It's 12:40pm and I am only just now beginning to think about having to get ready and leave by 3pm so it's not like my entire day has been wasted, right? And I won't be alone tonight. Steven will be there, too, and the last time we both worked we had a lot of fun**. AND Serena is there until 830 so at least I'm not working with complete wankers.

But having to leave for work at 3pm does put a slight damper on my Saturday. It's not like I can get much done later and boy do I have a To Do list going on right now. So far today I have ignored it completely and have instead read magazines, made mix CDs, and watched the Laguna Beach marathon on MTV.

So, if you are going out tonight, think of me working and have a drink or two. Or three. Then bring me one.


XO,
SVR


*Even though I'm old now and sort of can't sleep past a certain time anymore. What's with that, anyway?
**Or, as much fun as two people can have while still working an annoying job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's extremely hard to have fun sometimes despite who your company might be. Sigh.