Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hollow

As promised/threatened last week, I am beginning my weekly Gilmore Girls discussion. I expect comments at least from Veeda and Serena and I hope some others pipe in! Now, if, for some crazy reason, you haven't seen the episode yet and don't want to read any spoilers, then stop now, ok? Go read my archives and comment or something.

And without further adieu:

S Wonderful, 'S Marvelous:

Snakes On A Plane references? A little late, but still funny for the joke that comes later. And Anna and I joked about this movie so much a few months ago that I appreciate any and all jokes concerning it. I actually never saw the movie, to be honest. I'm one of those, I know.

"I forget what the protocal is when your mom is dating your dad." I laughed at that. I hope you did, too. So, I have to bring this up now: ARE LUKE AND LORELAI GOING TO GET BACK TOGETHER? I read an article before the season started that mentioned Christopher being a guest star in the beginning of the season. Read that? THE BEGINNING? So it's been what, three episodes now into the season? He better stay in the "guest star" section of the credits. That's an old soap opera trick: you can always tell who is going to really die or leave the show based on their contracts. My roommate in college made fun of me once for saying that, but she totally knew it was true. And it's not like I don't like Christopher, but it's just not right for he and L to end up together. Even if Luke was a total jackass last season, it should be L and L.


Maybe now is the time for my "I'm not crazy" disclaimer.

Disclaimer: I'm not crazy. But it's either blog about this or blog about the spots I was seeing at the end of 7th period today. I took a gamble and figured Gilmore Girls was more exciting.

Back to the show. Back to Luke's. OMG, Kirk said, "Growing boy." I love it. And now April's mother is there and I will let it be known that I DO NOT LIKE HER. I also do not like Luke's hat. Or gourds.

I have to agree with Sookie that it's weird for Lorelai and Christopher to be dating. Because, HELLO, if it ends badly, they can't just go their separate ways because, as they keep reminding us, he's Rory's father. And how many times in the past did this end badly? Um, should I count the times? OK, I won't because then my disclaimer just won't be as convincing.

"Snakes on a boat?!"

Apparently Rory just got back from her shift at the restaurant. Get it? Black pants and a white, button-down shirt? OK, maybe it's just me that always feels like a waitress when I wear something like that. Can't they put something more exciting on her? Maybe it's to make her seem more blah and down as she has been since Logan jetted off to London. And speaking of London-is she going to visit there? Are they going to film on location? Because my plans for getting to London aren't for another two years and I'd like to see more of it before that.

I'm not sure why April complains about Luke's place being too "brown." What's wrong with brown? It looks like mud. I'm a big fan of it. Brown, not mud. What I would complain about is not having any walls...or privacy. If there is one thing I don't like, it's sleeping out in the open. In my four years of dorm living, I struggled with this. Three out of the four years I either had a loft or a bunked bed (still pissed about that, by the way) which allowed me to sleep without worrying about someone seeing my Sleep Face. The first year, though? If I wasn't up first then I was buried under my blankets no matter how warm I was trying to catch some more Zs. Anyway, I digress. I wouldn't want to sleep in Luke's apartment because it's just one big room.

And for how long is Rory the Editor-In-Chief of the Yale Daily News? I want it to be until she graduates, but Doyle was just on the staff his last year, right? How will this work? I've never been on the paper. No, wait. I was in 1st grade. I remember being chosen to be on the newspaper staff and then finding out my family was moving about a week later which crushed me. I thought I would never have a chance to excel again. HA! (If you didn't catch that...what I'm saying is that I went on to excel just fine. Maybe what I missed was learning how to be modest. I think that skill is overrated. At least when concerning me!)

I appreciated the hair comment. It's so true about the elements affecting hair and how annoying that is. I always have to have bobby pins on me now in case of the freak rain storm. Do you know how unattractive it would be for my hair to get wet in the middle of the day? Sure, curly hair is cute and all, but not when you have bangs. Or, bang-like pieces that would so not misbehave in rain. Okay okay okay...back to the show. "Is that the special thing?"

Christopher did a good job with the date. It means a lot to do something unique and special. Luke would never arrange for one of her favorite movies to be shown on the side of a barn. Point for Christopher.

Is it really illegal to drive in CT while talking on a cell phone? What other places have this law besides DC? I ALWAYS forget about it while driving in DC.

Is the Paris talk with those art girls a set up for something in the future? Because otherwise it's just random . Ooooh, did you notice the prop placement with Rory's book that had the ID in it? Good job, prop people. I had also read that Rory will be making some new friends and I guess these are girls are it. I can deal with them.

"It's going really good." WELL! WELL! WELL!

Blah blah blah...April scenes bore me. She's a more annoying mini-Rory. And Luke being a dad annoys me, too. He needs to go yell at Taylor. Or Kirk. Or go throw rocks at Lorelai's window. I just read on Lala's blog about her love for Christopher and dislike for Luke. I totally understand, but Christopher has this air of being temporary and I don't want this to turn into the type of season where Lorelai gets married in the season finale and I'm left wondering for eternity what their lives are like. Not that I would, of course. But it's like at the end of Dawson's Creek when you find out in the last few moments that Joey and Pacey end up together, but you had to go through two hours of not knowing and really hoping that the writers didn't eff up the show and have Dawson and Joey end up together.

What's up with this girl and popcorn? And Rory and rice, apparently. Did they all smoke up before going back to Rory's? WEIRD! And the obviousness is totally there: Rory finds friends and all of a sudden it's not all about Logan. Not that they're breaking up, but at least Rory won't be a whiny little sissy baby. Ok, that was way harsh, Ty. I just mean that it's her senior year at YALE and so far all she's done is a little cyber. (Ew, by the way.)

Thoughts:

The scenes from next week have me worried. I need to know for how many more episodes Christopher will be on. I need to be prepared. Let's do a vote: CHRISTOPHER or LUKE? Cast your vote in the comments, please.




6 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

As a certified dude who is hooked beyond hope on the Gilmore Girls, I have to vote solidly for Luke ... I actually like Christopher as a character as he has evolved, but they certainly do not belong together .. Luke was such a royal ass for most of last season, but I think he will get over that in about six more episodes or so and beginning winning her back ... My favorite moment so far this season, even though it was creepy, was Lane's description of sex on the beach

Anonymous said...

I didn't read most of that post because, well, frankly it meant nothing to me. Even though I have never once watched an episode of this show, I have heard of the whole Luke and Lorelai thing. This always reminds me of Luke and Laura, the most well known couple ever in soap history from General Hospital circa (roughly) 1985. was this done on purpose? Because surely Lorelai could be with someone else. Someone named Matt or Dan maybe. Not someone who's name reminds me of an episode of "I Love The 80's" I just saw on VH1.

dara said...

I have always liked Christopher -- even when he was supposed to be a poophead. That said, I don't know if he belongs with Lorelai, but only because everyone has been wanting things to work out with her and Luke for so long. And it's TV.

lala said...

um you totally know my thougts on this already. i hate luke. i also hate april, her mom, taylor, lane and zack, kirk, miss patty, sally struthers, and any person who's not lorelei, rory, christopher or logan. i am a bad fan.

8yearoldsdude said...

i agree, lane's marriage might be the funniest thing going right now. Logan could not suck any more. seriously. where is dean when you need him. as a recent yale alum, the art girls actually art a bad charicature of art girls. rory's outfits are always kindof connecticut simple/prissy. Paris has offically become a charicature of herself (and she was a charicature of an overacheiver to begin with). Christopher has no personality. Is sukie ever wrong about anything? she is amazing. can we have some more of lane's mom, please?

E :) said...

Luke!