Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Just A Girl

I've been a total Girl lately. girl with a capital "G".

Not that I'm not always a girl because, hello, and no we don't need to talk lack-of-Y chromosome or anatomy here. What I mean is my thinking and my mindset. Don't get all femi-weird on me and say that thinking about boys and romance shouldn't be what I define "Girl" as because it's my blog and I'll define things how I want to.

I've been a total Girl lately.

What I'm wanting right now is a perfume advertisement. And not just a ripped out page from Elle, but a perfume ad...for real.
I am in love with the Ralph Lauren Romance ads and have been for years. I swear they're art and I always stop and take them in as I'm perusing my magazines. What I love about them is that they seem to capture this moment and it's hard to describe exactly what it is. It's before kissing, before contact and full of emotion. I know you're all going to think I'm insane for loving these ads so much, but whatever, I don't care.
And the funny thing is, I wear Calvin Klein Euphoria...

8 comments:

Lady Apple said...

i do love the ralph lauren ads also...they are just beautifully shot!

Marissa said...

i LOVE those ads too. i was that kid that used to rip those hot ads out of the magazines and tape them up on my bedroom walls (shh -- dont tell anyone, but sometimes i still do!)

KassyK said...

I love those ads as well and have been a total girl lately!! I feel you...its that time of year. :-)

Pam said...

Beautiful photos - I think they capture a multitude of feelings and that's the appeal for me, but, you know, I'm a Girl too....

: )

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous ads--I'm with Marisa, I used to tear out magazine ads and tape them on the wall. But... my secret is... I was in college when I did it... not a kid by a long shot ;)

But I do think advertising can be considered an art form, so hey, I was just supporting creativity in it's most commercial form!

DCVita said...

I'm feelin' you on this post. I like the ads too. You are right, it captures the moment...which is very hard to do. And KK is right, it's that time of year...

Miss Scarlet said...

Jessica- So pretty, right?

Marissa- Haha, Me, tooo!

Kassyk- I've never even smelled them, haha.

Pam- Yay for girls!

Angela- It's definitely an art form when done correctly.

Ant- Um, in them? Who, me?

DCvita- <3 this time of year.

Alison Santighian said...

Ant - of course we pretend we're in them. It's a snapshot of a romance novel. And if we wear the right clothes, or the right scent, it will happen to us.

Ok, very, very few of us believe that, and I have to say that I'm rarely convinced to buy something based on an ad like this, but they sure are purty.