Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Light My Fire

Last night, my bookstore friends and I asked ourselves the following question:

What book would grab your attention if a guys asked for it? What would stop you in your tracks and cause you to think, "oh hai!"

This is a great question! We encounter so many people every day and from all walks of life. Unfortunately, the hot guy numbers have been down lately, but we're always optimistic.

My answers were:

"Hi, Do you have this book on Radiohead?"

"I'm about to take a trip to Scotland...where are those travel book?" Followed by "Do you want to come, too?" would be the best.

"I love Pavement...Such a great band, do you have their biography?"


What would your attention-grabbing books be?



+Title from The Doors

5 comments:

dara said...

I couldn't pick a book or a single subject, but if someone I like has a conversation with me about a book I like? LOVE. Like when the boy I had a crush on in high school used Life of Pi to illustrate a point to me the other day? The crush that had been extinct for 17 years came back full-force.

Unknown said...

Guys who ask for/or say they've read Geek Love or House of Leaves always get me. Every. Time.

Anonymous said...

For me, I guess it would be if they asked for any book that I have read (I'm pretty easy to please) or a humor book.

Frankly, Scarlett said...

Jane austen. Of course though then he'd be gay.

Miss Scarlet said...

Dara- I had a convo with a boy about books and we liked a lot of the same...he was a lot hotter after that. I totally understand.

Serena- I haven't read either of those!

Randi- LOLZ. Do you put out for those boys, too?


Frankly, Scarlett- Hahaha! I'm not sure I've read any Jane Austen. Can we still be e friends?