Pages

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

All Of Me

I have a new song obsession. I get these every so often. A song I just have to listen to multiple times in a row, multiple times a day. Recently it was "Stay" by Rihanna and sometime before that it was (like 99% of the world) "Someone Like You" by Adele. Right now, it's "All of Me" by John Legend. Take a listen and, if you're not tearing up by the end, read on:



I've always been aware of John Legend. I mean, how could I not be as he has a spectacular voice and his songs have consistently been on radio play since their releases. In the past couple of years, I've actually been more interested because of my admitted obsession with his fiance Chrissy Teigen's twitter! She is my favorite to see pop up on my timeline and she kind of reminds me of myself: gorgeous and funny. (I kid.) (But seriously, she is hilarious and I highly recommend following her there!) So, in addition to cracking up at what she writes, I also couldn't help but become more interested in John Legend. He's attractive, intelligent, and a legit musician*.

It was when he sang "All of Me" on Oprah's show and Chrissy, his self-described muse, was standing there, I just melted. How could I not with lines like these:
  • "Love your curves and all your edges
    All your perfect imperfections"
  • "How many times do I have to tell you
    Even when you're crying you're beautiful too
    The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood
    You're my downfall, you're my muse."
  So, YOU go buy his new album, "Love in the Future" and John Legend, you go thank Chrissy Teigen for one of what I am sure will be a lot of sales of your latest album.

XO,
SVR


* As opposed to an entertainer, which is what a lot of singers are nowadays.

+ Title from John Legend

1 comment:

Miss Scarlet said...

Also SO GOOD: http://youtu.be/D9bVh4EZCTU