Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

So You Think You Can Dance: Top 16 Perform

Group dance

"Take Me to the River" by Annie Lenox

Choreographed by Mandy Moore

I think the group dance lose something when on TV. You don't get a full sense of the unison (or lack thereof) and instead of deciding who to focus on, the camera angles do that for you. So, this piece is decent, but really I just want to get to the regular dances.

Okie dokie, who is in the bottom: Bridget, Marquet, Brooklyn, Serge (NOOOO!), Tanisha, Zack

Valerie and Ricky dancing Bollywood:

"Dilliwaali Girlfriend"

Choreographed by Dev

Bollywood routines always remind me of working out. I feel tired just from watching it! They did a great job and kept the energy up the entire time, which is insane.

Bridget and Emilio dancing contemporary:

"The Leaving Song" by Chris Garneau

Choreographed by Travis Wall

BRB. Back. The only way to watch a Travis Wall routine is with 100% attention! Man, that was INCREDIBLE! I loved every single second of that. EVERY SINGLE SECOND! That rivaled the bench routine Travis Wall did  a few years ago. Wow!

Tanisha and Rudy dancing hip hop:

"Good Kisser" by Usher

Choreographed by Dave Scott

Whoa! Those shoes! Wowza, I can't take my eyes off them. Her outfit is INSANE and I think they're both really connecting with the audience and each other. This routine totally reminds me of a Beyonce song with the super fluid moments and then the hot beats. Tanisha really went all out so mad props to her.

Marcquet and Jessica dancing smooth foxtrot:

"I Put a Spell on You" by Nina Simone

Choreographed by Dmitry Chaplin

Great song! Her dress is beautiful. I liked this dance because it had a lot of strong moments. I, to be honest, don't know much about the foxtrot part of it, but I liked the overall effect a lot.

Carly and Serge dancing contemporary:

"Foolish Games" by Jewel

Choreographed by Mandy Moore

 OMG JEWEL- I LOVE THIS SONG! I reallllly liked this. And that ending when she went down like that until he helped with just hit foot? Amazing. Carly is so good and y'all know I love Serge.

Teddy and Emily dancing salsa:

"Bruk it Down" by Mr. Vegas

Choreographed by Oksana and Jonathan

Is she slipping all over the place or am I imagining it? This is okay, but I don't feel like their movements are matching the energy of the music.

Jacque and Zack dancing jazz:

"Back to Black" Beyonce

Choreographed by Sonja T

Loooove this song, too. Loving this! And that moment when he did that roll thing down almost onto her was so cool. I really really liked this! And such a great song!!!! YES.

Casey and Brooklyn dancing hip hop:

"Hustle Has Remix" Ace Hood

Choreographed by Willdabeast

I am so distracted by his shorts. It looks like he refused to wear the costume and put on shorts to cover up the spandex. Otherwise, I enjoyed this routine.

Group Routine dancing a Sonja T number:

"So Broken" by Bjork

No words. That was amazing. YouTube it.

Group Routine dancing a Travis Wall number:

"Love Runs Out" by OneRepublic

Ooooooh also good, but in a completely opposite way, which is awesome! So much fun!
 (I totally agree with Misty that Ricky stood out in that!)

LUCY HALE! She is on Pretty Little Liars, therefore, I love her. Hmm, her voice doesn't sound like how I would expect it! I was expecting it to be higher pitched. OMG, where is A?

So, who is going home???? I'm sad! I like so many of them. Okay, bye bye, Marcquet and Brooklyn.

Until next week!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was glad Tanisha didn't go. She hadn't done much for me until that night, but now I'm a fan.

I think we generally agree on the routines (except maybe the first Sonia routine and the Bollywood :-))!