Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

TV Round Up: The Winter Edition

It's an interesting time, TV wise, as the Olympics are just ending and the winter premieres are all set. I originally had planned to catch up on my DVR (which is at a steady 70% full constantly) while everyone was showing reruns, but then I couldn't turn off the Olympics for about two and a half weeks. Oops! I just set up my new recordings and have about an hour until work so I'm fitting in an episode of The Blacklist, but really, TV is so good nowadays that it's kind of ridiculous. It's a full time job to keep up! Or really, I wish it was my full time job to keep up:)

So what am I current on? What am I excited about? What can I just NOT get through? Let's go through it all:

The Standbys:

Pretty Little Liars. Always. The season started out with some bombshells, but then it was several episodes of no new reveals until about a month ago when things got CRAZY again! Well, it's always been cuckoo crazy, but now it has forward motion again.



Downton Abbey. Obsessed. Completely obsessed. I watch this show and swoon the entire time. I want to BE Lady Mary!



Parenthood. Another show I always watch immediately. This will never collect on my DVR. It's gotten a bit depressing, but I guess that's 'real'. Still, I hope they have some happier storylines soon!

The New Editions:

The Returned. Have you seen this show? It's French and with subtitles, but it's so creepy and mysterious. The premise is that the dead come back to their small town in France. They're not zombies, though. They just return as they were before they died. I'm only about halfway through the season so I've gotten no answers yet, but I do really enjoy it. And I think NBC or something is remaking it for America.



True Detective. I'm two behind and I've already been told about the awesomeness of the most recent episode, but what I've seen already has been great! Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey play detectives who worked on a murder case years ago and are now being interviewed about it separately to see how their knowledge plays into a current case.

The Upcomings:

The Americans. I am SO excited for Season Two of this excellent show, especially after my life has been filled with all things Russian these past few weeks. Things ended on a tense high note last season and it's going to be great to get back to this show.



Hannibal. Possibly one of the best shows on TV right now. It's SO effed up and different than anything else on TV. I sometimes can't watch it at night because it's that creepy.

Red Road. I know nothing about this show, but it's on Sundance so it's gotta be good, right?

Anything you'd recommend!?!?

Let me know in the comments!

XO,
SVR



1 comment:

Randi Lee said...

I think you watch all of the things I would recommend (Game of Thrones, True Blood, Sherlock). How about Sleepy Hollow? It's a pretty good show.