Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Golden Globes 2016

As a lover of art, entertainment, and fashion, awards season is pretty exciting for me. While I don't watch every TV nominated (who has the time!?), I do try to see as many of the Oscar-nominated movies as I can. With the Golden Globes essentially kicking off the season, I haven't seen everything just yet, but I'm still going to make my predictions. And by my predictions, I mean, what I want to win. I've never been good at cheering for the favorite if its not also my favorite.


Best Picture Drama:
  • Carol
  • Mad Max
  • The Revenant
  • Room
  • Spotlight
I've only seen two of these so far (Mad Max and The Revenant-yay, Tom Hardy!) and I hear that Spotlight is awesome, but I have to cheer for The Revenant on this one. I thought it was beautiful and I loved the whole natural light thing. I get that it's more of a cinematography thing, but it, combined with the great acting, made for a stellar film.

Best Actress in a Drama:
  • Cate Blanchett- Carol
  • Brie Larson- Room
  • Rooney Mara- Carol
  • Saoirse Ronan- Brooklyn
  • Alicia Wikander- The Danish Girl
Yikes, haven't seen any of these. Word on the street (not that I'm on it) is that Brie Larson will win, and I like her, but I would love to see Saoirse Ronan win this. Or Rooney Mara because she is amazing. Oh wait, Alicia Wikander is cool, too. Sorry, Cate, but you won recently so step aside, but not before I can see what beautiful dress you are wearing.

Best Actor in a Drama:
  • Bryan Cranston- Trumbo
  • Leonardo DiCaprio- The Revenant
  • Michael Fassbender- Steve Jobs
  • Eddie Redmayne- The Danish Girl
  • Will Smith- Concussion
If Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't win this, I'll scream.

Best Picture Musical/Comedy:
  • The Big Short
  • Joy
  • The Martian
  • Spy
  • Trainwreck
I think The Big Short is amazing for making something so boring (mortgages, not people losing their money) an exciting story, but The Martian was an experience for me. It's so good.

 Best Actress Musical/Comedy:
  • Jennifer Lawrence- Joy
  • Melissa McCarthy- Spy
  • Amy Schumer- Trainwreck
  • Maggie Smith- The Lady in the Van
  • Lily Tomlin- Grandma
I always want Jennifer Lawrence to win. 

Best Actor Musical/Comedy:
  • Christian Bale- The Big Short
  • Steve Carel- The Big Short
  • Matt Damon- The Martian
  • Al Pacino- Danny Collins
  • Mark Ruffalo- Infinitely Polar Bear
All about the astronaut here. 

Best Supporting Actress:
  • Jane Fonda- Youth
  • Jennifer Jason Leigh- The Hateful Eight
  • Helen Mirren- Trumbo
  • Alicia Wikander- Ex Machina
  • Kate Winslet- Steve Jobs
I'd love to see Alicia Wikander win this because that role, and the way she played it, was so cool. 

Best Supporting Actor:
  • Paul Dano- Love & Mercy
  • Idris Elba- Beasts of No Nation
  • Mark Rylance- Bridge of Spies
  • Michael Shannon- 99 Homes
  • Sylvester Stallone- Creed
I haven't even heard of some of these movies so let's go with Sly Stallone because how cool would that be!?

 Best Director:
  • Todd Haynes- Carol
  • Alejandro Inarritu- The Revenant
  • Tom McCarthy- Spotlight
  • George Miller- Mad Max: Fury Road
  • Ridley Scott- The Martian
Oof, no idea. Wow! I might just go with Inarritu because I'm still on a Revenant high.

 Best TV Drama:
  • Empire
  • Game of Thrones
  • Mr. Robot
  • Marcos
  • Outlander
I love Game of Thrones, but Outlander deserves some love, y'all. 

Best Actress- Drama:
  • Caitriona Balfe- Outlander
  • Viola Davis- HTGAWM
  • Eva Green- Penny Dreadful
  • Taraji P. Henson- Empire
  • Robin Wright- House of Cards
DUH, Caitriona Balfe for Outlander! Times one million!!!!! 

Best Actor- Drama:
  • Jon Hamm- Mad Men
  • Rami Malek- Mr. Robot
  • Wagner Moura- Narcos
  • Bob Odenkirk- Better Call Saul
  • Liev Schreiber- Ray Donovan
I can't believe Sam Heughan for Outlander wasn't nominated. He is so good! I guess I'll go with Jon Hamm- I love me some Don Draper!

Okay, that's all I'm predicting because I watch very few comedies and then Fargo better win for the miniseries.

GOOD LUCK, LEO, I LOVE YOU!

No comments: