Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Book Boos: December

4. THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS by M.R. Carey. (Audio). I liked the beginning of this book a little more than the back half. The plot changes a bit about halfway through and it took me by surprise and I found myself missing the beginning plot. But still, very creative take on the subject matter! 

3. THE SHADOW QUEEN by C.J. Redwine. (Audio). I liked this story a lot! It's a great take on the Snow White story with great magic, adventure, and romance. I am definitely looking forward to book two!

2. TALKING AS FAST AS I CAN by Lauren Graham. (Audio and Print). Did you know I have a Gilmore Girls podcast? Well, I do. Go listen to it! I'm a HUGE Lauren Graham fan after loving her fiction book, SOMEDAY, SOMEDAY MAYBE, I've been looking forward to her memoir since it was announced. I even went to NYC to her book talk with Michael Ausiello, which was AWESOME. She was hilarious and sweet and sincere in person and all of that comes through in her writing, too. If you're a fan of Gilmore Girls or not, this book is really fun. 

1. THE SONG OF ACHILLES by Madeline Miller. (Audio and Print). Stunning. Epic. Heartbreaking. This book, a retelling of the Iliad, is incredible. It's not only super creative in its storytelling, but the words and sentences used are beyond beautiful. Also, some people will hate this, but I totally imagined Brad Pitt from Troy as Achilles while I read this and that was oh so lovely.

No comments: