Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

VioLENT

So today marks the start of Lent, right? I don't really know since I am not Catholic and generally do not participate in events that involve giving things up. Serena and I were emailing yesterday, though, and decided it might be a good time to do just that. However, being the positive creature I am*, it was changed into proactive statements and things to add to our lives. Go see her list after you read mine.

Things To Do Differently In Honor Of Turning 27 And It Being Lent:


+I will do my best to always refill my car's gas tank when it is 1/2 full instead of waiting until the gas light comes on.
+Once I get my passport I will use it.
+I will flirt everyday.
+I will not flirt with the wrong people.
+I will not order diet coke at restaurants. I will put that $2 into my travel fund....or at least my Starbucks or beer fund.
+I will find and use more new words and phrases. (Note: not made up words necessarily)
+I will take a lot more pictures. A lot. A lot a lot a lot a lot.
+I will sign up for the Praxis 2. (ooops, that's there just because I keep forgetting to do it. It costs money, though!)
+ I will get back in the habit of sending postcards to friends. (email me if you want to be in on the list of recipients!)
+ I will play more tennis. I'm taking my three private lessons soon (the ones I got for my birthday last year) and then I am going to need someone to play with. Is it you?


That's all for now...will add to the list as I think of things!



XO,
SVR




*Unless at work. Then I turn into Debbie Downer sometimes.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I want to add more to my list!! hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

List looks good to me!

It's so hard to stay focused though!

Cheryl said...

It's always good to speak in positive statements...good luck!

Malnurtured Snay said...

Happy Birthday!

Pam said...

That's quite a list! And when you get your passport, you will be visiting France, right? ; )

Miss Scarlet said...

serena- You should!

Findingsharkbait- It is hard to stay focused, which is why I don't give things up:)

Cheryl- Thanks!

Malnurtured Snay- THANK YOU!

Pam- OF COURSE! I know of a great B+B...

Marissa said...

I think 'flirt everyday' is on my list, too. Well, it better be since I do it. (and yeah, I do it with ALL the wrong people!)

Senor Beavis said...

I'll buy you a CD if "Stop calling people "Boo"" hits your list.

Anonymous said...

I'm Catholic, but never really got into this whole giving things up for Lent. Especially, since in my wacky Catholic family, you were always allowed to cheat on Sundays. Um, so what's the point?

I try to focus on the more positive things. Like work out more. Eat less crap. It's like a New Year's resolution that you only have to keep for 6 weeks.

Once I gave up candy and pretty much gorged on Easter candy at 12:01 on Easter morning. That was fun.

Gaby Hess said...

What a fab list! I never ever give up anything for lent (being an Atheist means I don't have to), but this makes me want to make a wonderful list like yours.