Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Emmy (2)

In my previous post, I covered the dramas I watched last year and now I'll do the same with comedies.

I'd love to hear which shows and actors you're cheering for in the Emmy race!

Girls:
  • I really didn't like this season of Girls. Marnie is the only reason I watched. Hannah's outfits make me so angry that I almost can't watch.
Saturday Night Live:
  • I like some of the cast members, but none stand out enough to get a nomination. As for guest actors, I would totally give Justin Timberlake one. 
Hmm, apparently I don't watch very many comedies. I watched most of season one of Veep and thought it was awesome, but I just haven't had time to catch up. I watch New Girl here and there, but I would probably not nominate anyone on there. The Mindy Project was okay, but I fell behind and never caught up. Same with Two Broke Girls. Other shows I'm still behind on: Arrested Development, The Big Bang Theory, and Parks and Recreation. Ben and Kate was actually pretty great, but I stopped watching once it was canceled.


So, miniseries:

Behind The Candelabra:
  • Best Actors in a Miniseries- Matt Damon and Michael Douglas were so into these roles. I'll never think of Matt Damon the same way after seeing him in his banana hammocl.
Top of the Lake:
  • Best Actress in a Miniseries-  Elisabeth Moss- She was so good in this that I kinda can't watch her as Peggy anymore. 
  • Best Miniseries- Duh. I also really want to see Johnno at the ceremony. 

Do you watch a lot of comedies? Let me know which should win! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a huge blind spot when it comes to comedies. The only one I watch on your list is Big Bang Theory. The only other comedies I watch (but not regularly) are How I Met Your Mother, Two Broke Girls and Mike & Molly. Clearly, I have a lazy Monday night routine ;-)