Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Under The Dome (Pilot through Blue on Blue)

I got behind on Under the Dome when we switched cable companies, but luckily, we have On Demand now, which has been amazing for my catching up on things.

I really enjoyed the pilot episode of UtD and felt like it was a good mix of mystery, character introduction, romance set ups, and action. The second episode, "The Fire," almost lost me, though, as it felt more hastily put together than the first episode, which is weird. Usually the pilot episode feels off because its made earlier than the rest of the season and their resources are limited. I guess that's not the case when the premise of a new show is based on a Stephen King novel and has a lot of backing.

Episodes 3 through 5 pick up the pace and I'm back to being really into this show. I honestly don't know anyone's names, which will make it difficult to remark on my favorite story lines, but that is no reflection on the show. I'm just really bad with names!

So far the show has mostly been about a main set of characters and their secrets. Junior kidnaps Angie and hides her in his family's bomb shelter, Barbie killed the husband of the woman he is now staying with, Norrie and Joe are having seizures whenever they touch and whispering really batshit crazy things, and these are just to name a few. Everyone seems shady under the dome.

What interests me most about UtD so far is that hardly anyone is worried about resources yet. It has to be summer or early fall based on everyone's clothing, but the colder months have to be right around the corner. Maybe it's because I've read so many apocalyptic books, but the first thing I would worry about would be water. And then food. And then bullets. I tried to read a little of the wiki page for the book the show is based on to see if anything regarding resources comes into play, but I quickly shut the browser window because I don't want any spoilers.


Check out the video below if you're one of the few out there who isn't familiar with this show. It's not too late to catch up!





XO,
SVR

No comments: