Pages

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Do You Feel The Same


Um, just go with it:

Cake is good, right? Cake is really good. You know what else is good? Cake batter. The thing about cake batter is that it tastes good, but if you think about the fact that it has raw eggs in it, you can get kind of grossed out. Basically you're eating fake-cake. It sort of tastes like cake, but isn't yet. It's pre-cake. And it's full of stuff that isn't good for a person...like raw eggs.

So if you have cake then you had cake batter before, right? But if you have cake batter you won't necessarily have cake. Maybe you never bake it. Or you eat too much of it and it makes you sick and it ruins the thought of ever eating cake again.

I like cake. Cake batter isn't enough.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm......cake....

Why is homemade cake SO MUCH better than store bought?

I never let a little thing like raw eggs stop me when it comes to eating things raw. I still want to be the person who licks the spoon after making cake or brownies. And I'm much more likely to just eat all the cookie dough raw than to actually bake the cookies.

Anonymous said...

this looks an awful lot like a food blog post
hooray!

Melissa said...

God do I love cake. Seriously. Love love cake. And I'll eat it raw - but I don't put the eggs in till last. Then I bake it.

I miss cake. I'm on a diet.

CBK said...

There is no bigger fan of cake than I! Cake batter ice cream is good, too!

But were you drunk/exhausted when you wrote this? ;-)

Marissa said...

Haha! Love this post. I'm a big fan of the batter. BIG (which is what I'll be if I continue to eat both cake and batter). My favorite though is cookie dough. Mmm. Salmonella. Love it!

Miss Scarlet said...

Cindy- Cakelove in DC has awesome cakes, mmmm.


Courtney- Eh, sorta;)

Velvet- My mom says anything homemade is good for you. I live by that;)


CBK- I knew I was good at the cryptic post, but I didn't know I was THAT good!


Marissa- I always end up with fewer cookies than there should be bc the dough is SO good.

Unknown said...

Too bad you aren't really talking about cake ; )

CBK said...

Oh, is it some sort of casual sex vs. relationship metaphor? I was distracted by images of cake.

Miss Scarlet said...

Yes, cake is good.


For the record, I will never blog about casual sex:)

minijonb said...

raw eggs do nothing for me... even when they are drenched in coco powder and other good things. i'd rather have a fully cooked flourless chocolate tort, thank you very much.