Pages

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Trying Not To Think About Time

Sundays are weird.


First of all, there is NOTHING on TV all day long. Usually I work on Sundays so I forget about this problem, but seriously, why don't they put some good movies on for the people relaxing at home? I remember when I was a lot younger that Romancing The Stone would come on like, every Sunday. I HATED that movie. Whenever I see it in the DVD bins I shudder from the memory of being bored out of my mind on a Sunday afternoon.

Secondly, I tend to wish for time to stop on Sundays. I got up relatively early today because last night I fell asleep at 11pm after getting up at 5am for the Will'burg Scottish Festival (pics to come soon). I kept feeling like the day was still ahead of me as long as it hadn't hit noon yet and once it did, I pushed that time back to 5pm. So, I've had a pretty long day full of nothing, but soon it will be 5pm and then all of a sudden Desperate Housewives will be on and then I'll be getting ready to go to bed and then...and then I'll be setting my alarm for tomorrow.

That's the worst part of Sunday. Setting the alarm for the Monday wake-up time. It's painful.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the worst part of Sunday is how time slowly creeps away.

I really need to get practicing on my superpowers.

Cheryl said...

I like Sunday afternoons, but not the nights. Cause of what tomorrow brings. Oh, and you are right about TV.

Anonymous said...

I love Sundays, but totally agree with how horrible it is to slowly watch the hours tick by knowing that Monday morning isn't too far away. But even with that, for a lazy person (such as me) Sundays still kick ass.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I hear ya. Usually I am complaining that I never have a weekend without plans, and how it would be nice just to have a day without anything laid out before. I woke up today and had nothing to do -- and got stir crazy because of it!

Unknown said...

My Sundays have had more free time since I've been missing church. ; )

Pink Is Neat said...

what happened to your quizzes? They made my mornings!!

Marissa said...

I could not agree more!! Sundays depress me! Always. And you're right, it's like I wait the whole day for Desperate Housewives...then I go to bed!

Miss Scarlet said...

Anon- Yes, please. I'll work on mine.

Cheryl- I end up wishing for the evening to come for something to watch, but then at the same time I want it to slow down!

Cindy- Sometimes I dont want to do anything bc then time passes faster it seems.

Sweet- I used to want to fill my weekends more, but now that I'm so busy during the week I like to be able to relax more.

Serena- Mmmmm sleep!

Ant- filling them productively?!

Marissa- I kinda wish Grey's Anatomy still came on on Sundays. That would help make the day better!