Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Over And Over

What to write? What to write? What to write?

I am nearing the end of this long-term subbing position. It's kind of weird how time passed. The first month felt like a lifetime and I worried I would either die from exhaustion or from some unknown middle school disease. The second month, though, while still containing its struggles, flew by. And the reason I know it flew by is because I keep thinking, "Oh crap, I meant to do that!" and "I thought I would have more time to get to that." But there's not much I can do about it now because tomorrow is my last teaching day. I'll be in Monday and Tuesday, but they are 1/2 day exams of which I have none to administer so I'll spend the time getting everything back in order.

After that, I'm not sure how my time will be spent. Sure, I'll sub here and there, but what I really need to do is get back on track with my grad school work. Am I just really intelligent or lucky to have been getting near perfection on my assignments*? I keep worrying that one of these weeks it won't work out to do my work 2 hours before class. But really, when the choice is between reading a book about education and watching Dead Like Me-which would you choose?

So with no real point to this blog, I will end it. I'll post answers to the quiz about me from the other day later! I don't think anyone has a 100% yet! Keep trying!

XO,
SVR


*Yeah, I said it. So what?

6 comments:

Senor Beavis said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Dead Like Me. One of the best shows ever. I almost cried when Showtime cancelled it. I think part of the reason I like Veronica Mars so much is because Veronica reminded me of George. Don't come across too many people who know that show, so hooray!

Miss Scarlet said...

Well, I have to give props to Steven. He was watching it and liking it so I moved it up on my Netflix queue.

It's good, though. I love it!

Unknown said...

Time did fly by. I think it means we're getting old.

Anonymous said...

You scared me saying that you're ending this blog. I assume you meant this specific post? The blogosphere without Scarlet? NO!

Miss Scarlet said...

OH NO! Not quitting. Yeah, right. I have too much to say to quit blogging. I just meant quitting this one, horrible entry:)

Marissa said...

phew! thank goodness it was just this post you were ending because it's true, the blogosphere without you would be tragic!