Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Paper Bag

I'm not working today and, instead of telling you why, which would turn into a long, expletive-filled bitch fest, I am instead going to talk about my weekend*.


Friday in the wee hours of the morning, Allie, Serena, and I headed north to Philadelphia to begin the celebration of her turning 23. And because narrative will put you all to sleep I will now, in list form, tell you what we did:

+We ate.
+We drank.
+We walked.
+We laughed.
+We took pictures.

Saturday, after working all day, the group headed to Hard Times in Herndon for what turned out to be an awesome happy hour where I had 4 beers for $4. Granted, one was poured by mistake and I got it for free and another one was purchased for me because I'm so pretty, but at at rate of $1 per beer, that's a steal I will not say no to. Plus, after two I wouldn't have said no to much. I kid, I'm a kidder. Do you really think I'd be drunk after two beers? At about 1030pm, we parted ways with those under 21 and headed even farther north to the Wonderland Ballroom in DC. I don't think any of us had ever been and the last time we passed by it didn't look too crowded. Well, Saturday night it was overflowing with people! I had a good time there (4 beers plus some probably helped) where I learned how to dance like Elvis and warned people about the vomit on the stair railing.

The weekend left me seriously exhausted though since it was like going out mid week for me since I don't have Saturdays and Sundays off. It was worth it, though. And please go look at my pictures...and leave comments.


XO,
SVR




*Do you like how many commas I used in that sentence? Wow. Comma whore. And probably a stupid comma whore.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The vomit on the railing was disgusting.

Anonymous said...

And not a splice among them.

Awwww, and oh how I love a bitch fest.

Senor Beavis said...

I heart Hard Times Cafe with every part of my body. Nothing here is even close.

And is it just me or is Blogger a bigger pain in the ass now?