Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Overdue

I worked for five summers at a pool so for me not to have even touched chlorinated water yet this summer* is weird. I used to live at the pool. I would get there at 8am to vacuum the pool, then run swim practice until 11, then work until 7 or 8 and then run swim practice until 9pm. And on days when I didn't have swim practice, I would either be at a swim meet or giving swim lessons.

It is June 13th and I have yet to go to a pool. I wish I lived at an apartment complex with a pool. I would never leave it!


XO,
SVR




*Er, spring. Once it's hot out, it's summer in my opinion.

6 comments:

Senor Beavis said...

I worked at a pool a bunch of summers too and would say the exact opposite. I kinda intentionally don't because my pool experience has been so colored by working, it's just plain weird for me to just be there for leisure. Same thing with swimming, since I swam all through college. I can't just wade around in the pool and relax. It just feels weird.

Miss Scarlet said...

Interesting. I find it difficult to relax at a hotel pool or something where there is no lifeguard and kids aren't being watched. But otherwise, I LOVE the pool.

Unknown said...

You are welcome at my pool any time. : ) Seriously.

Cheryl said...

Aw, I hope you get to some chlorine too.

Beakerz said...

Does your pool company need a lifeguard? I was one for years and years and now as an out-of-work teacher, I'm looking for a summer job.

Also would LOVE to break into coaching swim teams!!

Alison Santighian said...

Sounds like my life a long time ago - and agree - totally strange to not be near chlorine. I miss the early morning practices/afternoon meets...