Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sex Sells And (Unfortunately) I'm Buying

I certainly wouldn't kick Matthew McConaughey out of bed, but do I think he should be People Magazine's Bachelor of the Year? Hells to the naw. I have to say I was a bit surprised when I headed to CNN.com and saw that he had gotten top honors...although, now that I think of it, to qualify as a "bachelor" does one need only not be married? Is a male not considered if in a serious relationship? Because really, any of the following would have made for a fine choice as Bachelor of the Year:

  • Brad Pitt (my love)
  • Justin Timberlake (People magazine is for old people and I think they should stop choosing people from the geriatric farm...suri, Matthew.)
  • Clive Owen (Sure, he didn't do too much last year and is never in the gossip magazines, but he is smokin' hott.)
  • Johnathan Rhys Meyers (So hott that I overlook the fact that he's Irish.)
  • Leonardo Dicaprio (Did you see The Departed? Enough.Said. And really, I'm still in love with him from Romeo & Juliet. Suck it.)
  • Who Would You Like To See On The Cover?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh....Adam Levine. Although, again, old people buy. (I'm on a huge Maroon 5 kick lately, can ya tell?)

I like Clive Owen. Yum.

Jude Law will be my final answer. They said Bachelor. They didn't say it couldn't be a filandering bachelor.

K said...

hehehehehehhe im right with you on Leo circa rome + juliet.

id actually love to see orlando bloom (pirates 3! nice eye candy)

i hope they do stop using the geriatrics...

Buffy said...

Clive Owen. What about Ioan Gruffudd in King Arthur? LURVES HIM.

And there's always Georgie. As in Clooney. I'm lovin and leavin that man one day. Just you wait.

Senor Beavis said...

I hate to burst your bubble, but Clive Owen's married and has kids.

Kristen Bell!

What? It has to be a guy? Fine. Phil Kominiski, lead singer of the Lloyd Dobler Effect. Nationally famous? Keifer Sutherland?

Miss Scarlet said...

I'd still do him.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, but Matthew M screams man. Add in the drawl, and he totally gets my vote ; )