Pages

Thursday, February 05, 2009

After All These Years

I had planned to do this on Groundhog Day, but I ended up sneezing 439820432432 times that day and all I wanted to do was go to sleep. Have you ever sneezed that many times? It's horrible. It made my insides hurt. Sneezing is violent! I felt like my diaphragm had gone through it's own version of a 30 Day Shred. I have stopped sneezing, so here ya go.

Oh and first off, yay for the groundhog seeing his shadow. Get back in your hole! Winter wins!

(I was going to use 2 February for this, but maybe it makes more sense to use today's date.)

5 February 2008:

(actually, the 6th)

"This birthday is going to rule. As all birthdays do."

Like today, last year I was planning for my birthday that day. This year I just need to figure out where to have my birthday and we're set.

6 February 2007:

"My day was spent riding what is apparently the fine line between Mama Bear and Flirt Extraordinaire. I oscillated with frightening ease between sincere questions of health and happiness to innuendos and euphemisms."

It's funny to read this and know who I was talking about...before we were good friends.

6 February 2006:

"So now I'm left in this odd limbo stage of not knowing what 'clues' I might possibly need to 'get' and whether or not I can complain about other people and their 'clues'."

I can say with confidence that it is other people who need to get more 'clues' than I do.

6 February 2005:

"1. Need to get Mailtunes together and ready to be overnighted to Anna tomorrow (this requires finding my blank CDs)"

Mailtunes is this thing a few of us did where one person would pick a theme and we would all choose a few songs and submit them. Then, the theme-chooser would compile the songs into mix CDs and would snail mail them back out. It was a lot of fun, but you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get those mofos in the mail. It would be fun to start it up again with Serena, Ali, and Anna. We were supposed to add new members towards the end. I have a lot of fun mixes from Mailtunes.

6 February 2004:

"4. What's the best thing that's ever happened to you as a result of being bold/risky? Um, When I drove up to DC to see if I could get into the Secret Foo Fighters show with Vanessa and we got in! Oh, and being bold with "feelings" can turn out well too."

That's still one of my favorite nights! Dave Grohl is awesome.

6 February 2003:

(actually the 5th, but is it freaking anyone else out that i have these things back so far??)

"-W H O .W A S .T H E .L A S T. P E R S O N-
[u talked to on the phone]: Jules
[hugged]: actually, it was Vanessa after Anna's party which is pretty funny bc we never do that "

That makes me laugh because it's so true. Vanessa's one of my best friends ever. Love that girl.

Oh hey, I just realized I started doing this on the 5th and switched to the 6th. It's okay. The 6th is close enough!

6ish February 2002:

"Yes, Have Some."

Apparently that's the first thing I ever blogged? No wait...I remember now. The beginnings of my college blog with my friends was lost forever somehow. I remember the first one was introducing us or something.


Anyway, so that was today (sort of) through the years.

XO,
SVR

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it. It's like your own personal time capsule. Plus, it's fun to think back and try to remember who or what you were writing about :-)

Plus, I think you are the only person I know who has allergies worse than me. I will say that moving up here improved mine.

Anonymous said...

This is a nifty idea! I think I'll try it...I just uploaded or whatever the blogs from years gone by...turns out, I've been blogging for a friggin decade. Practically. It's going to be somewhat embarrassing, I think.
Thanks for giving me an idea for a blog today!