Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Favorite Things

I think 99.99% of people are wishing for spring to get here. I understand that people get sick of the snow. Yes, it interrupts plans and closes jobs, but hi, it's winter so it's to be expected. And it's so pretty!


Personally, I love for it to be cold. I like for the air to feel fresh and energizing...I like to wear scarves and sweaters...I like to straighten my hair and for it to stay that way.

Serena today, though, posted about what she is looking forward to in the upcoming months*. I will probably never wish for Spring to be here sooner**, but I have vowed to try to be positive about the warmer months.

So, the following are some things I like that happen to occur when it's warmer. This is no way means I do not love winter with all of my February-born heart.

Flowers:
Flowers are pretty and always fun to photograph. I will not think about their pollen, which makes me miserable.



Blue Skies:
I'm actually not one of those people who gets down when the sun hasn't been seen for awhile, but I can't deny that a crystal clear sky is gorgeous.


Water:
A lot of times, water in the winter is frozen. Or, since this is not Minnesota, the thought of water just makes a person cold. But I do love being around water. Beach or pool preferably, but Crockett Park has a special spot in my heart:


Beach:
I LOVE THE BEACH! I love the beach so much I think I could live there. I know, I know. It makes no sense. The thing about the beach, though, is that when it's cold here, you can vacation to the beach. It's no fun when it's 95 degrees and there is no ocean around. Why would you want it to be 95 degrees as you go to work? Yuck! Oh wait, I'm supposed to be positive here. So, I love the beach:


Rain:
I love the type of rain that makes a summer day chilly.
(You know, so I can heat it back up?)

Pools:
One of my favorite smells in the world is chlorine. Pools make the summer hear bearable.


So, that's all I can think of right now...but until it warms up (ugh), enjoy the chills, sweaters, scarves, jeans, socks, fires, cold noses, and...most exciting of all...MY BIRTHDAY IN ONE WEEEEEK!


XO,
SVR

*But don't rush it! It's only 10 Feb! We have over a month of winter left.
**I'd like to skip spring and summer and go straight to fall!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm also one of those people who don't mind overcast days, but you're right about big blue skies.

And water is a good one! It means when I visit all my rivers I can actually get wet. Woohoo!