Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Girl

Whenever I think about turning 30, I immediately think of Friends and The One Where They All Turn 30:




I also think about the movie 13 Going On 30. "30, flirty and thriving!"




There isn't much about turning this milestone age that has me freaked out. I love birthdays too much to have any negative feelings over it. The only thing that seems weird to me is that now, for the first time in my life, I will have to look at the next age group in Bazaar's "Fabulous At Any Age".

</>*

I know a lot of people make goals when they have birthdays and list things they want to accomplish. Well, I want to do something a little different. I'm going to tell you what I've accomplished already:

*I've played the clarinet for a majority of my life.
*I still play in an orchestra and recently started playing bassoon in a band.
*I played in Carnegie Hall in 2001.
*I coached a swim team for five straight summers. The most difficult and most rewarding job ever.
*I graduated from UMW in 2002.
*I got a masters degree in 2008.
*I get along with my family...like freakishly well.
*All of my baby cousins know me.
*I did a fashion photo shoot for my brother's store and some of the pics actually look good!
*I am not selfish**
*I taught middle school band as a long-term sub and didn't kill anyone (including myself).
*I own every Brad Pitt movie there is.
*I can make people laugh.
*I played tennis in high school even though I got cut the first time I tried out.
*I played with the Air Force Band once in high school.
*I have a lot of friends.
*I've seen a gazillion bands live.
*I've spoken Spanish in Puerto Rico.
*I am happy
*etc.
*etc.
*etc.

So yeah, yay for me!

XO,
SVR





*So not a fluke I chose this cover:)
**Of course I am sometimes! "Sometimes" is key.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!

Randi said...

Do you own "The Favor"? I'd consider you a die hard Brad Pitt fan if you owned that one. And Cool World.

Miss Scarlet said...

Yes I own both:) I only do not own 21jump strret when heis on.