Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Me Against The Music

So I just watched the Britney Spears episode of Glee. I don't normally watch the show even though I think the writing is very creative and witty. What I don't like about it, and have said before, is the singing. I was painfully reminded of this tonight when the first Britney song came on and...it wasn't Britney singing! Sure, its fun to see a video and dance moves recreated, but I would much rather see Britney doing it! My favorites parts were Brittany S. Pierce and the real Britney Spears parts.

And now this will be another group of songs that people will buy and listen to that aren't the original artist. Why on earth would I ever ever ever want to hear a cover of I'm A Slave 3 U!?

I love Britney Spears. I think she is the definition of pop music and even though Glee once again brought it with great lines, I just can't support the random covers of her songs.

XO,
SVR

+Title courtesy of Britney Spears

No comments: