Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Read My Mind

I am a big fan of teen books. I know some people scoff at my loving them and act like I am not reading "real" books, but to them I say, "You're the one missing out." There are exquisite gems in the teen section of books. Some of my favorite books I have ever read are categorized for "young adults".

My favorites are the love stories. There is something so sweet and exciting to read about first loves. I got sick of reading stories about adult women who were either cynical or going through a divorce. In teen novels you get to experience the joy and simplicity of a first love.

Some of my favorite books are ones I have read in the past year or so:

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater: When I finished Shiver I immediately ordered a copy to be sent to my sister. This book took my breath away.

All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab- The depth of characters in this book and the pain that was translated through the words was so exceptional. I was incredibly impressed by this book.

Delerium by Lauren Oliver- I was lucky enough to get an Advanced Reader Copy of this and was SO EXCITED because I loved her first book. This book is about love, but the type you discover as the main character does, too.

Have you read any of these?

XO,
SVR


+Title from Jimmy Eat World

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you think about it, teen/young adult books might be even more important than many adult reads. These are the things we expect people to pick up when they're at their most formative.