Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Emmys 2014

Let's talk Emmys!

Lead Actress in a Drama Series- Okay, so we have Michelle Dockery, Claire Danes, Robin Wright, Lizzy Caplan, Kerry Washington, and Julianna Margulies. Oh boy, this is a tough one. I love all of these women, but the past seasons of Downton Abbey, Homeland, and Scandal were just meh for me. (Don't get me wrong, I loved them, but they didn't stand out as exceptional.) Lizzy Caplan probably deserves it, but I don't watch Masters of Sex so I'm gonna vote for Michelle Dockery because I thought she played grief very well.

Lead Actor in a Drama Series- Bryan Cranston, Kevin Spacey, Jon Hamm, Jeff Daniels, Matthew McConaughey, and Woody Harrelson. Just give it to Matthew McC already! Although, I soooooooo want Jon Hamm to win one!

Supporting Actress in a Drama Series- Anna Gunn, Maggie Smith, Joanne Froggat, Lena Headey, Christian Hendricks, and Christina Hendricks. Lena Headey would be a great win!!!! She is so good as Cersei in Game of Thrones.

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series- Aaron Paul, Jim Carter, Peter Dinklage, Mandy Patinkon, Jon Voight, Josh Charles. I will only be happy if Peter Dinklage wins. Okay....or Mandy Patinkon!

Outstanding Drama Series- Breaking Bad, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Mad Men, True Detective. GAME OF THRONES GAME OF THRONES OMG GAME OF THRONES!

Lead Actress in a Comedy- Lena Dunham, Melissa McCarthy, Edie Falco, Taylor Schilling, Amy Poehler, Juliea Louis-Dreyfus. Give it to Amy Poehler!

Lead Actor in a Comedy- Ricky Gervais, Matt LeBlanc, Don Cheadle, Louis C.K., William H. Macy, Jim Parsons. Anyone, but Jim Parsons. PLEASE.

Supporting Actress in a Comedy- Julie Bowen, Allison Janney, Kate Mulgrew, Kate McKinnon, Mayim Bialik, Anna Chlumsky. I'd vote for Kate McKinnon! NOT Julie Bowen or Mayim B.

Supporting Actor in a Comedy- Andre Braugher, Adam Driver, Ty Burell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Fred Armison, Tony Hale. Come on, Adam Driver!!!!!

Outstanding Comedy Series- Louie, Modern Family, Orange is the New Black, The Big Bang Theory, Veep, Silicon Valley. The world needs better comedy shows. Wowza! I would either want Louie or Veep.


That's all, folks! There are about a MILLION other categories and I just can't with all of the shows being in miniseries. Join me on twitter Monday night for the broadcast! @scarls17

No comments: