Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

SYTYCD: Top 8

Anyone else shocked we're already down to just eight!? I always want this part of the competition to last longer.

Group dance:

"A Place With No Name" by Michael Jackson

Choreographed by...? Did she say??

Dude, they don't don't to MJ enough. SO perfect for dancing. This dance is just meh for me. I think the costumes are actually working against them because it's giving the wrong ambiance for me. They're being weird emotionless robots, but the song comes through with more feeling than that.

Tanisha solo:

"Warrior" by Havana Brown

What is her specialty? I honestly can't remember...or tell from this solo.

Ricky and Jaimie dancing contemporary:

"Smile" by Michael Jackson

Choreographed by Travis Wall

Ummmmm....not my favorite TW piece, to be honest. Really great, but I just didn't connect to it like I usually do. Loved the choreography and maybe the problem is that they did make it look so effortless. Maybe too effortless:) (And Ricky is SAFE.)

Zack solo:

"Gotta Get Thru This" by Daniel Bedinfield

Man, tap really does well for the solos. Great job!  

Valerie and Ryan dancing samba:

"Wanna Be Startin' Something" by Michael Jackson

Choreography by Jean Marc

 OMG LOVE THIS SONG! Also love her outfit. And Ryan. Wow, she is flying and it looks great! I'm curious what Mary will say about the rolls because they looked awkward to me. Although, I'm not sure if the first roll things were rolls or not because the second set looked great. I'm confused. Loved this. (And she is safe.)

Casey solo:

"Outro" by M83

He is flying in this solo! I actually like this because he seemed connected to his music.

Rudy solo:

"Warrior" by Drehz

Oh boy, this is wonderful. Great music for a solo and he really worked it well.

Casey and Comfort dancing hip hop:

"Xscape" by MJ

Choreographed by Pharside and Phoenix

I love Casey:) He is so out of his element here, but I think he did a great job. Also, why is Comfort making those ridiculous motions with her mouth? Ugh. (Casey is in the bottom, boo.)

Jacque solo:

"Nocture in C#m"

Beautiful! So delicate and pretty.

Tanisha and Nick dancing contemporary:

"She's Out Of My Life" by MJ

Choreography by Stacy Tookey

Love Nick, by the way. Beautiful lift when he grabbed her foot. This was really great and I loved the moments with the hat on the mic stand. So pretty! (Bottom? Yes. WHAT?)

Jessica solo:

"Taking Chances" by Celine Dion

Good outfit for a solor, but didn't blow me away ...oh wait, lots of spinning. Great moves, but not much connecting with the music.

Rudy and Allison dancing contemporary (?):

"Dirty Diana" by MJ

Choreographed by Ray Leeper

Allison looks like a clone from Orphan Black in this dance. Great song! Awesome routine. Rudy is great, too! I really liked this. It was so STRONG. Just so ON POINT. Man, Rudy is a beast. (Results: Bottom. BARF!)

Valerie solo:

"Dance With My Tonight" by Olly Murs

Tap! Perfect outfit, too. This was great and musical. Awesome job.

Zach and McKenzie dancing broadway:

"The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson

Choreography by Spencer Liff

Yayyyyyy Center Stage music!!!!!! This song is incredible. This was awesome! This one is tough for me because it was really great, but with the broadway feel to it, it's hard to get really excited about it when it's just a few minutes. (And not in the bottom two!)

Ricky solo:

"Haeft, Kemur Ljosio" by Olafur Arnalds

This is the type of solo that really highlights the dancer's strengths, which is Ricky's case is other-wordly body movement.

Jacque and tWitch dancing hip hop:

"Slave to the Rhythm" by MJ

Choreography by Dave Scott

This is a crazy far away style from ballet. Wowza! I think she did  a great job. It was a little weird with the smooth hip hop moments and not because they weren't danced well, but because I worried that without hard-hitting moments it would make people think it wasn't good. Well, I liked it! (And she is in the bottom, which is insane.)

Jessica and Will dancing contemporary:

"Earth Song" by MJ

Choreographed by Mandy Moore

This is a great dance and I love how they have these little moments where their movements match each other in a small little burst and then they're off doing their own thing again. The ending was a little anticlimactic, but I guess that's to be expected in such a short routine. But, overall, I really liked this! (And she is safe!)

RESULTS TIME OMG:

Tanisha and Rudy...going home.

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS!??!!?!??!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?! I mean, I kind of think everyone should stay so no one would have made sense to have been voted off, but wow. WOW! I will miss both of them a lot.

Until next week!

No comments: