Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 11: Glasgow to Home

I don't have many photos from our last moments in Scotland as it was a travel day and those are stressful. I was also pretty bummed to be ending our trip (although very excited to get back to my washing machine!).



We took one of the easiest bus(s)es from just up the street from our hotel to the Glasgow Airport at about 9 or so that morning. It was really nice to not have to wake up at the crack of dawn! We got to the airport super early and just read for awhile while we waited to check in. I actually don't remember too much from the Glasgow Airport except for the time we spent reading.

From Glasgow we flew to Heathrow where we had a short layover and I tried to get more information about my lost camera. Long story short: they never found it and I got reimbursed from travel insurance. (Yay!) It was also here that we ordered iced coffees from the Starbucks and the baristas were super confused.



The flight home was loonnngggggggg and the person in front of me had their seat reclined back the entire time. The Worst. Luckily, our seat mate was a big fan of getting up a lot, which works out super well!

Back in Boston we had a great surprise when my brother-in-law met us at the airport! How sweet is he!? I could barely drive after 10 days of not being behind the wheel and 7+ hours in the plane, but we made it back to Ali's house and crashed.

As you've hopefully read in my daily summaries, our trip was epic and it was such a treat to get to go to the amazing country of Scotland with my sister. It's something I'll always remember.

XO,
SVR

P.S. Can't wait to go back!

No comments: