Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

The Royal We

I guess I'm an anglophile...and I'm okay with that.

It's not that I don't love America and where I live, but there are a lot of things from across the pond that I'm a wee bit obsessed with: history of the monarchy, fish and chips, rain, Burberry coats, the bloody accents, tea, the dramas, the bands...I could go on and on. It's a culture that's close to my own, but with an air of just a little more excitement*, a lot more history, and did I mention the accents? Oh, and duh, Kate Middleton.

THE ROYAL WE, the latest from Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan, which I just finished has left me with a bit of a book hangover. And now, with my lowered defenses, my constant desire to visit (live?) in London has come on in full force.



The book is great! It's a wonderfully entertaining story about an American who falls in love with a prince and then is thrust into a new type of existence. It's very "ripped from the headlines" and I loved how researched the entire thing was. When Bex, the main character, visits somewhere for the first time, it was described so well that I felt like I was there with her. When she meets the royal family, I felt like I was meeting them, too. There are a lot of pop culture references that I enjoyed, but there are also a ton of what may or may not be references to the current royal family in England.

I can't say enough good things about this book and for anyone that loves the UK, a good love story, and smart writing, this is the book for you.

Now, who wants to go to London with me?

XO,
SVR



*Because it's not my own.

2 comments:

BookCupid said...

Reading this next. Can't wait. New twitter follower :)

Miss Scarlet said...

Let me know what you think!