Pages

Monday, March 26, 2007

Letterbomb

Dear GAP,

I'm worried about the safari that you vomited up for this season's clothes. I haven't seen that much khaki since well, never. It's too much! Does anyone wear safari clothes every day? No, I didn't think so. How about some color? Black, please? I'd even take more white*.

And I have recently been very pleased with your jeans. They are fitting so well, BUT you don't stock any. Or wait, you don't stock anything other than a Size 0 short. Who wears that? Babies? I don't understand how you can stock so few of them. It's weird.

But what's weirder and way more perplexing is the fact that all you ever have left are the teeny tiny sizes. It seems to me like your buyer needs to check his/her numbers because if you are consistently running out of normal sizes, way before clearance sales, then you need to adjust what you start with.

So, Gap, shape up, please. I still like you, but my feelings are going to be up for grabs pretty soon.


XO,
SVR



*Gasp!

8 comments:

dara said...

I know what you mean -- I went there yesterday, and all of their clothes are just so khaki this season! I tried the new "boyfriend" pants, and they are horrible. I did, however, find a cute off-white cashmere sweater.

audrey said...

I never understand that about clothes stores either. Why do they even order size 6 (US size 2 I think) when they're not going to move off the rack? The size 14s (US size 10?) are always first off the rack. It's tard.

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I was just shopping in there yesterday and thought the exact same thing.

But since I'm almost 6 feet tall, I have to shop online anyway since they never have talls in any size.

I guess I'm just always assuming that when I go in there that they'll never have normal people sizes.

But judging from the skinny bitches working the fitting rooms, I now see why.

Miss Scarlet said...

Dara- yay for a good find! I got some AWESOME black (!!!) pants there a couple weeks ago. That's what I went back for-more in different colors, but they only had size 0s and 2s. Blah!

Audrey- It's crazy. I mean, the average size is not that small so why stock so many of them?

Kristabella- I'm pretty tall, too, so I feel your pain=/

Marissa said...

Ah! I totally agree. WHAT is with all the khaki?! Too many pairs of boyfriend pants for me!!!!

Alison Santighian said...

Please tell me you're going to send the letter!

Veeda said...

I really hope you do send this letter. Maybe they will give you a 10% off coupon in return. Big incentive!

dara said...

{Sigh.} Wore the sweater. Still cute, but shed all over the place. Looked like my black pants had dandruff. {Sigh.}

Shape up, Gap.