Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Death Of A Party

I am not good with endings. That said, tonight's series finale of Gilmore Girls is not sitting well with me. I just read the Post's article on the finale, where they say it may end with more of an ellipse than something more final like a period or exclamation point.

This has me worried.

I remember when My So-Called Life ended abruptly and we, a bunch of teens, were left not knowing how the story played out. Conversy, when Friends ended, I thought they did a great job tying up loose ends and leaving its fans satisfied*. I am guessing tonight's finale will be somewhere in between. One of those unfortunate instances where it was filmed as a season finale, but is being used to end the show.

I'm not ready to say goodbye, though! I was watching some of season 4 earlier today and was reminded over and over with how awesome this show is. I'm going to do a tribute post in the near future, when I can just kind of go over the cool things from the past 7 seasons. Oh, and feel free to make fun of me...I'm okay with it:)


XO,
SVR


*Although, I know a lot of people are anti-cheesy finales. I say, bring on the cheese! I need to know how things happen.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I say bring on the cheese too. We fas need closure of our favorite shows.