Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Television

One of my pet peeves is when someone declares, "I don't watch television" like they are holier than though and instantly smarter than anyone who does watch it. Sometimes these people are still normal and they just spend their time doing other things. Often, though, this person has no clue about pop culture and can't hold a conversation with half the people they encounter.

I also get annoyed when someone says they don't watch TV, but he/she watches three movies a day. How is that any different?

Or hulu. If you watch television shows online, you still watch TV. It's a television show. You're just watching it on a different screen.

I have my TV on most of the time when I am home, but you know what? I multitask. Rarely am I sitting here just staring at the screen*. I like the noise and the connection to the outside world.

SO yeah, that's a pet peeve of mine.


XO,
SVR


*Vampire Diaries
**Simpsons

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People who don't watch TV suck! Plus I'm convinced that they are boring losers (unless they are in grad school)!