Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

In Concert

My little middle school band boos did so well on their concert tonight! I guess I'm not able to write too much about it all since I don't want to write about work stuff like that. I will say two things, though:


1. The entire auditorium applauded for me. OMG. And I didn't know what to do because I hate it when people stand when they're not supposed to. So I just sat straighter and smiled in an appreciative way.



2. Some kids suck at life. I won't name names, though, but I can't stand the ones who do something mischievous and then look around for their peers' reactions. LAME! I was thisclose to taking a kid's sticks away until I reminded myself that I'm not their teacher anymore.


XO,
SVR

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I remember middle school band concerts. There was a lot of stupid middle schoolers dicking around.

High school band was better because it was the people who actually wanted to be there.

Cheryl said...

Hopefully those kids of #2 will grow out of it. I'd probably take the sticks away anyway.

Anonymous said...

awesome scarlet.

(clap, clap, clap)

Senor Beavis said...

Wow, you teach band to ghosts? That's fucking awesome. Boooooooooooooo! (Sorry, I make the same lame joke to anyone who says that).

Miss Scarlet said...

Kristabella- Exactly, That's why I want to teach high school.


Cheryl- I pretty much know some of them won't. You can tell the difference between the normal kids who goof off and the malicious ones.

Veeda- Thanks! Was surreal to be in the LHS auditorium.

Senor Beavis- It took me like 5 minutes to get it, haha.