Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Pretty Woman

WE ARE IN MYSTIC, CT! Resting up in are AWESOME and cheap hotel before going out for pizza. I'm glad I brought my laptop (to upload digital pictures) because this place has free wireless and I love to use free wireless whenever I can.

It has been an incredibly long day and for my own memory, I will recap:
+left VA at 4am and headed north on 15 for like, 5 hours or something
+We saw the sun rise
+continued on through PA, New Jersey, and New York until we reached Connecticut which was VERY exciting!
+Enjoyed the stone bridges on the Merritt Parkway and imagined colored, autumn leaves on all of the trees
+made it to Providence, RI at about 12:30pm and got lost and confused in what must be the weird part of town.
+got very annoyed at Providence's lack of clear road markings and horrible drivers
+found Brown University and took pictures and were cold (yay!)
+tried to go back to downtown Providence for food but ended up on some other road so we followed it to MA
+somehow made our way to Newport, RI and ate hamburgers
+continued on south to Rt 1 and I took the scenic route along the coast while Ali slept (she didn't sleep at all last night!)
+Pretended I went to Watch Hill but instead kept going to Mystic, CT which is where we are now.

Tomorrow we're going to walk around Mystic and then head to New Haven to see YALLLEEEEEEEEEEE! More audioblogs to come;)


XO! Keep in touch;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... sorry. Maybe I should have mentioned that lots of New England forgets to put up street signs, and cities are confusing to drive in.

Where did you end up in MA? And how did you like Newport?

SD

Miss Scarlet said...

They "forget"??

Don't worry, our MA part of the trip was very brief.

Newport was cool....weird to sand.

Unknown said...

Sigh...it's like I'm there.

Cheryl said...

Fun! I love Newport. I hope you enjoyed your Mystic Pizza!

Miss Scarlet said...

Mystic Pizza was so good!

But really, what pizza is bad?


YUMMM!