Pages

Monday, January 30, 2006

Undone

I am in a clothing rut. Right now I am "that girl"-the one with the overflowing closet and nothing to wear. I have no fewer than 10 subscriptions to fashion magazines and yet every day I am wearing something boring.

I blame a few things:

1. This crappy warm weather
2. My office that starts off freezing and gets to be quite warm in the afternoon making it quite difficult to wear my layers
3. Getting up ass early
4. Often having to wear the same thing all freaking day (if I could, I would change half way through the day. I get sick of wearing the same thing and/or uncomfortable)

Winter is my bitch. It is when I get to make use of my plethora of clothes because I can wear three shirts at a time. I like to wear scarves all day. I like to be cold even though I am wearing wool. I like to take mini fashion risks when I can also wear a cardigan to offset the craziness.

But lately? Lately I have been wearing the same boring outfits over and over. It's just been too annoying in the early mornings to put together something more exciting. And not to mention the fact that you never know when it's going to be a balmy 60 degrees out. (HELLO, JANUARY!?)

I have high hopes for February. It's going to get cold again and I am going to get to wear my layers and be comfortable! It has to get cold again. It just has to.

4 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

I know! But on days like today when it's 60+ degrees I still wear sweaters because I am in denial.

Hot! (not hott)

Cheryl said...

I am in a fashion funk too so I totally hear you...

Citygirl said...

I completely understand. What I really miss about college is being able to wear hats all day. I'd look like an idiot at the reception desk like that!

Office wise I have the opposite problem. It tends to be 80 degrees ALL DAY at work.

Alison Santighian said...

I've been pondering a post just like yours...ok, well not just like it, but on the same bent...my funky self is in the Doldrums, and not even my big, chunky lucite bracelet pulls me out.

Thanks for the link, btw!