Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Not A Job

Innocence Meets Well, Not So Innocent:


Today in one of my 6th grade classes, the kids started reading some of the things people had written on the stands. At one point, a girl reads out, "I got a ... blow job."


The moment went kind of like this:


6th grader: "This one says...I..got a...blow jo"

Me: "OH LET'S NOT READ THAT ONE!"

6th grader: "What does that mean? Why can't we read it?"

Me: "Oh, Nothing. We're just not reading, we're erasing!"

7 comments:

Beakerz said...

"It's not a job"....It's a war!

Please tell me you didn't bust out laughing. Shit, I would have. lol!!

So I get to go for an interview for a substitute job tommorrow.

How long is this long-term job for?

Anonymous said...

at least you can always say something like 'ask your parents'

but then some concerned parent will call you up and say 'why are you telling my child to ask me about blow jobs'

maybe keeping a pocket full of candy to distract curious little minds is the best bet...

Reluctant Dater said...

hahahaha that just cracked me up.

the silver lining: at least the kid didn't know what one was...that says a little bit about the kids you're teaching. unless, of course, she was playing dumb. but, lbh, 6th graders aren't that smart.

per super journalist katie couric, oral sex is the new third base. ha.

Anonymous said...

Oh, such innocence!

Miss Scarlet said...

Needstza- It is until the beginning on Nov. Good luck on your interview!

Connie- Yeah, I changed the subject VERY quickly.

RD- Haha, I hate Katie Couric.

Rhea- Haha, right? Wait til next year, haha.

rooroo said...

hee hee ;)

minijonb said...

haHA... you didn't think you were signing up to teach sex ed in addition to music... but you did!