Pages

Monday, February 13, 2006

Excuse Me, Miss

Here in my office there is an unspoken rule that "lights on" means someone is in the bathroom. So you can understand my confusion when I went to vist the ol' WC and the light was on but the door was ajar.

Hmmmm

Thank GOODNESS I was not in a hurry and had time to observe my surroundings because oh yes, "lights on" still means "someone is in the bathroom." Our Safety Director, who is a 65 or so year old man, was in the closet of the women's bathroom checking the fire alarm.

Do you realize what I narrowly missed?

Scenario A:

I go in, lock the door behind me and then see him in the closet. EMBARASSING!

Scenario B:

I go in, um, answer nature's call and then realize he's been in the closet. EMBARASSING, LIKE WHOA!

Scenario C:


I go in, and um, am answering nature's call or something else equally embarassing and then he walks out of the closet. EMBARASSING TO THE MAX!!!

Thank God it was Scenario D:

I peered in, realizing something was off and then he walked out of closet ("closet" that has heater, fire alarm, etc. Not sure why it's in bathroom). I covered it up with, "Oh, haha, figured someone was in here" and then went on my way. And don't misread what I wrote, he's not a creepy old man who would hide in a closet or anything. But what would you do if you were checking on something in the closet and someone came in to use the bathroom? If you realize what's about to happen you have a very narrow time frame for outting yourself and avoiding what could potentially be a horrifyingly embarassing situation!

Anyway...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a hard one! I think I'd have to very quickly make a noise or run out. Hiding really wouldn't be an option b/c if anyone ever found out they'd just think you were creepy. Yuck.

Miss Scarlet said...

Exactly! I'm so glad it didn't end up being as embarASSing as it could have been. I was proud of myself for staying cool and nonchalent about the, "oh, someone's in here!" haha!

The Scarlett said...

Hey name budy! Hooray for scenario D!

Miss Scarlet said...

I know! Any other would have been so embarassing.

Cheryl said...

Thank God it wasn't any of the other scenarios! Whew

Anonymous said...

I'm glad for you that it wasn't a shower he was hidden away in.

SD

Miss Scarlet said...

OH NO! What a horrible thought...If ever someone was hiding in the shower I would be soooooo terrified.