Pages

Friday, February 24, 2006

Love Is An Arrow

There are 9 grandchildren on my mom's side of the family. I am the 4th oldest and the ages go from about 17 to 34 or something. Last night my mom told me that my cousin just got engaged to be married. Let's see:

Noelle- 34, married for almost 10 years or something

Sara- 32(?), married for 8 years (?), 2 kids

Jesse- 31, my brother, engaged 4 eva, getting married this August maybe

Me- 26*

Joanna- 25, newly engaged

Ali- 19, my sister

Oliver- 19

Sam- 17

* Do you notice how I was skipped there? Not that there is a rule of marrying order among the cousins and I'm definitely not pressed to get married. But you know the Friends episode, The One Where They All Turn 30? I love and hate that episode. I love it because, duh, it's Friends but I hate it because of what Rachel does. She counts backwards and realizes, essentially, that time is flying by! I always said I would never get married before I was 27. It wasn't an "I WILL be married by 27" but the opposite and it always seemed like SO far away. But now I'm 26! In one year I can lift my own rule and head to Vegas for my ceremony. Wait, actually, Vegas negates the rule because that marriage can happen anytime;) I think really, I just have a little paranoia that the entire family collectively thinks I'm going to end up an old, unloved hag. I'm really happy for my cousin though, I think it's awesome and I hope she has a totally hott wedding. And hey, the wedding isn't until next April or someting so I can turn 27 in February and get married before her, hahaah! JUST KIDDING!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome to beat her to the altar anyway! That's beside the point, though. You are so not going to end up an old, unloved hag! Fabulous people meet fabulous men at the right time, so it's a done deal.

Btw...I'm definitely coming to the Vegas wedding!

Miss Scarlet said...

I hope so! I'll need a witness!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog by doing a search for Noelle's.. That's my name and didn't think it was as common as it is...

I can feel your pain. I'm 36... The OLDEST of all my cousin's on one side and the only one NOT married. Even my dear brother is on his 3rd marriage.... Don't put rules on yourself!! Have fun, dates lots and figure out what you want!! I ALWAYS get at every family gathering "So when you getting married?" I HATE family gatherings anymore!!! I've gotten to the point where I tell them there aren't any men good enough out there! (And am about to tell them that I like women - not men! Hey - it would get them off my back!! )

Miss Scarlet said...

Haha! I thought you WERE my cousin at first, haha! Yeah, I don't feel any pressure and really, I think my family all just assumes I'm private about things, which is true:)

CBK said...

The pictures from your birthday gala prove that you've got nothing to worry about regarding being unloved. Do any of your cousins get that kind of treatment from that many people? I'm guessing "No".

Miss Scarlet said...

Hahhaa, You're right, CBK. Except for maybe my bro or sis, I'm obviously the coolest cousin there is! And when I said, "entire family" I meant more the non-immediate ones. I'm not like the other cousins with talking about friends/boyfriends. My immediate family knows I have a ton of great friends:)

Unknown said...

Oh Friends...

Yeah. I often hate to think about my age. Not because it bothers me in that ridiculous Do-I-Have-Wrinkles-Yet sense, but moreso because I feel like I have so much to accomplish and do, and time is flying by!!!