Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Wish

With birthdays come wishes, and depending on how you celebrate your big day (or for how many days;), you could end up with quite a few wish opportunities.

One my way home from class tonight I saw a shooting star. I haven't seen one for over a year and I know this because the last time I saw one I made a wish and it came true. I know it sounds stupid but ever since then I've been keeping an eye out for another one because they are special. There is something magical about a shooting star.

So when I saw the shooting star earlier tonight I gasped and quickly made my wish. My wish was sort of related to the wish I got to make earlier today at lunch with my mom. She got the Sweetwater Tavern dudes to get me this hella good chocolate dessert and they wrote out "Happy Birthday" in chocolate and put a candle in it.

In non-bithday situations, when I have a wish or prayer-type moment, I tend to make very non-selfish ones. I don't want to come across as a superstitious person, but I always think, "What if this one time, my wish comes true? I need to make it a good one". In these moments I wish for my grandmother to be happy, or for my mom to have a safe day at work. I wish for grand things like cures to cancer and for pedaphiles to implode. I don't want to waste those moments on wishing for me to get a raise or for a date for the weekend.

But birthday wishes? That's a whole other kind of wish. Birthday wishes, by definition, are supposed to be selfish! I can't tell you my wishes of the day (what? me superstitious??) but they are most definitely very, very selfish. And I'm looking forward to making a few more before the Celebration Of Me is over;)


(1.5 hours until my birthday!!!!!!!!!)

6 comments:

Pam said...

Think of the stars as birthday candles...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Miss Scarlet said...

exactly! Thanks!

Miss Scarlet said...

Thanks, Larissa!

Unknown said...

I would bet cold hard cash on what I think your wish was ; )

CBK said...

Happy Birthday!!

I always wanted to try Sweetwater Tavern when I lived out in MD/DC/VA. I went to one if its sister restaurants, though, and it was great. I can't remember its name, though.

Miss Scarlet said...

Serena, Keep your thoughts to yourself;) My wishes were not identical but one would cover the other...hehe.

CBK- Mikes? Coastal Flatts? And thanks for the Bday wishes...its your wife's bday, too, no?