Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Friends 'Til The End

Unhealthy.


Last night was a waste. Not The Olive Garden part with SCD, that part was good (especially my Italian Margarita that I did NOT lick the salt off of). But for the past year or so it has been rare for me to have an entire weekend of not having to get up early for anything.

"But wait, Scarlet don't you have an orchestra dress rehearsal and concert this weekend?"

Ahhh yes, the rehearsal and concert that I came home to find an email about its cancellation because of the predicted snow storm. Now, I totally understand cancelling the thing because it's a big deal and we need a full house but I was more than a little bummed about it.

1. I was home at 10pm on a Friday night. This was okay when I thought I had orchestra the next morning but upon finding out I, in fact, did not I felt like my night was a waste.
2. We now have rehearsal on Tuesday, the 14th. I was MORE than looking forward to not having it this week. And I bet it's going to be a very sparse rehearsal. I might leave early. I have Gilmore Girls to watch. Crap, I mean I have a hott date.
3. Now our rehearsal and concert is on my birthday weekend. I figure by 1pm on Sunday I can manage to give a few hours for a concert but I am NOT getting up to go to a morning rehearsal the day after my birthday. No no no!


It's really not as big a deal as I'm making it but I was already feeling a little "weird"* about things and this concert change crap annoyed me quite a bit. OH and I forgot to mention that now Anna isn't coming up so we don't get to hang out and I'm worried this snow is going to mess up tonight's Fredericksburg plans. But at least if I get there and can't leave I now don't have a concert I have to get back to.

I'm going back to sleep.



*I'm not sure why I put weird in quotation marks. Now you're going to think things like, "Was she drunk?" "high?" "What else happened?" Well I was not drunk nor high (ew), but I didn't want to put something negative like "upset" or "contemplative" because I know it would be misread. It's just that long-ass ride home that gets me everytime. It's too much time to think. And coupled with this, which you could probably throw a dart at any song for it could be my theme music.

2 comments:

Pink Is Neat said...

Yeah, eff the snow. Although I love snow. But why can't it occur on SUNDAY night so school/work/life in general is cancelled?!

I think we're out for Fred tonight :-( which makes me sad...

Unknown said...

This weekend kind of sucked on the exciting end.