Pages

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Heart In A Cage

I don't want what you want
I don't feel what you feel
See I'm stuck in a city
But I belong in a field



The next mix CD I make is going to be of songs I can't get off of repeat. I popped in The Strokes' latest album on my way to orchestra tonight and couldn't stop listening to "Heart In A Cage".

I went to the concert and I fought through the crowd
Guess I got too excited when I thought you were around




I got bummed* in orchestra tonight because our ringers for the concert were there. I got frustrated because I was struggling at transposing my part while the bassoon girl from Baltimore played her part perfectly.
1) she plays the bassoon
2) she made no mistakes

I miss junior year of high school. I was so good then, I could play anything you set in front of me. I miss senior year of college. I was a good musician then and worked so hard for my senior recital. Not just on the technical parts but musical parts, too. The last piece on my program was gorgeous and started out with the faintest of notes that got louder and louder and continued on to what was a lesson on dynamics and feeling. And the second part of that piece...a page of music where that dorky saying, "the ink bottle spilled" was finally appropriate. I want to be really good again=/ I know what will get me back there-practice. But along with not being able to put CDs back in their cases, I just can't practice. Except for my first few years when I practiced hours a day, I've never been a big practicer. I, instead, joined every group I could to stay in (musician) "shape". I also "forget" I wanted to practice until it's too late and I either need to get to sleep or not be loud. Do me a favor, remind me to practice.


XO,
SVR


*not bummed in a "Feel better way" just bummed in a "oh man!" kind of way:)

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I can understand that kind of bummed. I hope things pick up for you...now go practice (that's your reminder from me).

Citygirl said...

I get it. I loved playing the drums, but rarely practiced like I should have. So, go practice for me too!

Miss Scarlet said...

Thanks chicas! I have a concert this weekend and then I'm going to order new reeds and make sure I practice at least once a week and then increase the time...

Yay!

Unknown said...

I always hated practicing. I'll make sure to stay on you : )